[HURRY] Last Batch of HP Touchpads on eBay 12/11/11

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
HPTouchPadAndroid-550x436.jpg

Get your clicking fingers ready! Posting this for you guys will only hurt my chances of getting one but hey — sharing is caring. HP is getting ready for another one of their “fire sales” on the now infamous TouchPad but this time, through eBay. Although this was originally meant to give HP employees first dibs, the internal company email was leaked online and now here were are spilling the beans for you.

The TouchPads will once again, be selling for the same $100 for 16GB versions and $150 for 32GB versions and NO, you wont need to purchase a laptop to get the discount. The only catch is that this are, in fact, refurbished units which may come as a turn-off for some would be buyers. Any way you slice it, that’s still quite steal. The deal kicks off December 11th at 6pm (CT) and although no returns will be permitted, the TouchPads will come with a 90 warranty.
Buy it. Hack it. Throw Android on it. Boom.

SOURCE: HP Is Reviving The $99 TouchPad Firesale! Refurb Models To Hit HP’s Ebay Store On 12/11 | TechCrunch

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
If I got a touch pad the last thing I'd do is put Android on it.

This is like the last greatest thing that has WebOS on it. I intend to keep it in all its purity.

dutchbastard

Reaction score
All I can say is, I hope they have enough for me to get one.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I keep telling myself "I don't need this" but its such a good deal!

I told myself that exact thing regarding tabs for a while. So naturally I bought one anyway and it ended up I use it all the time :)

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
So for those of you that have touchpads... How are they all playing with Android? And what versions do you have loaded?
I need to buy my Nexus first of all. Next, I have to figure out whether to get an old transformer, or prime, or touchpad!
Can't pass up this deal of it does play nice! :D

Swyped and sent through the interwebz directly to you from somewhere and some device that doesn't concern you!

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Yeah I really don't need one of these, but it would be a great Christmas gift to the girlfriend.

hayjude99

Reaction score
How does the Touchpad fare, performance-wise? like on par with a Droid 2? I would love a tablet but I hate slow devices...

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Got my girlfriend a Kindle Fire =P

I'm definitely picking one of these up for myself though, if not two. Resell one for $200... Free touchpad!
That's a good choice too, but with money being pretty tight, I wouldn't be willing to spend more than $150 on one. Plus like you said, if you get two, just sell one for $200 and they were basically free! Really considering doing that now.

Reaction score
Ok, I have a 32gb TP with CM7 loaded in and it's awesome!!! I believe CM7 is in alpha 3 but is so polished and hasn't really been any trouble for too many people, plus you dual boot it with WebOS. One of the best gadgets I've ever bought. Remember people, if ebay gets too flooded and won't work then try and log into their secure server. That worked when Amazon went down years ago with their xbox 360 deal.

iKN0WaGH0ST

Reaction score
Ok, I have a 32gb TP with CM7 loaded in and it's awesome!!! I believe CM7 is in alpha 3 but is so polished and hasn't really been any trouble for too many people, plus you dual boot it with WebOS. One of the best gadgets I've ever bought. Remember people, if ebay gets too flooded and won't work then try and log into their secure server. That worked when Amazon went down years ago with their xbox 360 deal.
Secure server??

Edit: do you mean https://?