Hulu

lsdozer

Reaction score
So, I had rooted D1 for almost a year, and I just got a D2 and an Incredible. Incredible is mine, D2 is for my son.

As far as I know, Hulu wasnt working on the D1, and I have searched the D2 forums and cant find any reference to Hulu working on the D2.

I found out yesterday after flashing rom's on my incredible, at least two of the roms have Hulu working flawlessly on them. I wonder if some D1/D2 ROM dev's could get together with the Incredible Dev's and get Hulu working?

I know my son would love to have Hulu, but I suppose it must be some type of hardware issue.

boostedhonda

Reaction score
Do you have adobe flash player 10 from the app market installed? Should work just fine if so.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
lsdozer

lsdozer

Reaction score
Do you have adobe flash player 10 from the app market installed? Should work just fine if so.

Yeah, I guess I havent tried it on the D2, but seems like when flash first came out for the Android, Hulu wasnt working. Maybe wrong though.

Thanks for the info.

OP
lsdozer

lsdozer

Reaction score
Cool, I swear I did that trick way back when, but it wasnt working. Thought Hulu found a way around it and made it so it didnt work.

My memory is crap sometimes though!

boostedhonda

Reaction score
Well if you try it again let me know the results if I wasn't so tired from being up all night I'd try it myself lol.

OP
lsdozer

lsdozer

Reaction score
Just tried the fix on my wifes D1, and it doesnt work. when I click on a show to watch, it pops up an error message stating "Unfortunately Hulu is not supported on your platform. sorry for the inconvience"

Will try on the D2 in a little bit.

OP
lsdozer

lsdozer

Reaction score
D**n, just tried it on the D2 and couldnt get it to work either. Maybe doing something wrong I guess.

Anyone else get this to work?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've never had that much interest in it but my understanding is Hulu will not work with any mobil device.

I don't know the reasoning behind it. But good luck.

OP
lsdozer

lsdozer

Reaction score
I've never had that much interest in it but my understanding is Hulu will not work with any mobil device.

I don't know the reasoning behind it. But good luck.

Works on the rooted incredible. I couldnt believe it either! its a little laggy, but definetely watchable.

born2golf

Reaction score
I have been following the hulu news pretty closely. The short answer is that hulu is now pushing hulu plus. This is their new branding which they also now charge a fee for. They have released an iPhone app for this, and are planning on releasing the android app in the very near future. They monitor the various workarounds pretty closely and shut them down very quickly.

As for you using the incredible to view hulu, I'm surprised that is working at all. My guess is that the custom rom has done something to fool the hulu website into thinking it is a desktop (beyond that UAstring fix). Enjoy it while you got it, because if there is a critical mass of users accessing hulu in this fashion, they will figure out a way to block it.

separately, I'd be curious to hear from hulu plus users, and if they feel they are getting any more value than what they were getting for free before? Though I think before long we'll see that there will no longer be ANY hulu for free.