HTC's Ice Cream Sandwich Device Specific Rollout Has Been Posted

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
htcics1.jpeg

On the heels of Motorola's ICS update schedule HTC has followed suit and has provided their timeline showing approximately when it expects each of its handsets to be upgraded to the delicious tasting treat known as Ice Cream Sandwich. The Taiwanese company has said that a majority of it's handsets will upgraded in June and July with the rollout expected to be completed in August. The list of devices to be upgraded are as follows:
  • Amaze 4G: May-June
  • Desire S: June-July
  • Desire HD: July-August
  • DROID Incredible 2: To be determined, but coming by the end of August
  • EVO 3D: June-July
  • EVO 4G+: May-June
  • EVO Design 4G: June-July
  • Incredible S: June-July
  • Sensation: March-June
  • Sensation 4G: March-June
  • Sensation XE: March-June
  • Sensation XL: April-June
  • Rezound: June-July
  • Rhyme: June-July
  • ThunderBolt: July-August
  • Velocity 4G: March-June
  • Vivid: March-June
Wondering why your handset is not on the list? The company explained that devices with 512MB of RAM or less won't be upgraded. So there it is, and while no exact dates were given, the timeline will have to suffice. It is better than not knowing anything right?

Via: Phonedog

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Is this an effing joke?

Droid Razr owners just keep getting screwed.

They sell us a phone saying it will be getting ICS in 2 weeks.

Instead of getting ICS they come out with the Razr Max and don't offer us an upgrade.

I am never buying another Motorola product again!

WHERE IS OUR UPDATE?!?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
That's great news but I'm really curious what they added to the last leak to make it better because I know that none of us that grabbed the ics leak has found a confirmed bug yet. I just hope they didn't erase the option to disable the bloat. That's one of my favorite features of ics.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Just tack on about 6-9 months on these dates and that sounds about right.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
of course mine is the one to be determined, when my upgrade is due, ughhhh. Oh well

If the next iPhone has a 4"+ screen Im done with Android. All this fragmentation and ridiculously slow rollout of newer OS is stupid. Not to mention when you buy "the latest, greatest flagship phone" 2 weeks later its old news and development on it stops.

ICS has been out how long now and my phone, Bionic, wont see it til Q3 of this year? About a full year after ICS came out??

N4UPD

Reaction score
I beleive the reason Verizon is going to tiered data is because of the new Iphone will have LTE and will be overcrowding the 4g network so they have to find a way to slow us down.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
TO BE DETERMINED? Seriously?? Sigh... it's a good thing I love HTC. lol

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
PS I wish this website would stop using "The Tasty Treat of Ice Cream Sandwich" again and again and again.... I've seen it at least a half dozen times here. Just stop it.
;)

geoff5093

Reaction score
I beleive the reason Verizon is going to tiered data is because of the new Iphone will have LTE and will be overcrowding the 4g network so they have to find a way to slow us down.
Wrong thread, but I can see it. After all Verizon stopped offering unlimited data once it got the iPhone.