HTC's First Big Robert Downey Jr. Ad 'Leaks' Out Early

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;OVE1OcfB1E4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVE1OcfB1E4&feature=player_detailpage[/video]​

The first big HTC ad featuring actor Robert Downey Jr. was just "leaked" a day ahead of time. We highly doubt this leak was not planned. By adding the mystique of a leaked video, it just builds the hype even more. Regardless of the veracity of this leak, the new campaign is off to a bang, and it turns out to be both creative and funny. It's titled, "HTC, Here's To Change," and it basically rewrites the company as anything you want it to be, substituting various phrases using the HTC initials. One of them in the video is called "Hot Tea Catapult." Classic!

Of course the beauty of this ad campaign is that it might actually generate discussion with potential consumers as they try to come up with interesting and/or hilarious acronyms using the HTC logo. Very clever and subversive indeed HTC. Well Played!

Share your favorite acronym of the HTC logo, but make sure to keep it clean please!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I take back my criticism that HTC doesn't spend enough on advertising. They should save their money.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
LOL @ kodiak799

Actually, I like the full commercial a lot better than the teaser commercials. It was OK. Not as great as the iPhone standing in line commercials from Sammy, but just OK.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I take back my criticism that HTC doesn't spend enough on advertising. They should save their money.

LMAO! Hilarious!

Here's my idea: HTC stands for "Hokey Telephone Commercial"

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Though I will give them credit for "Hot Two Cheerleaders"

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I'm starting to think their original slogan "Quietly Brilliant" was better because with this commercial not only has the "quietly" part been left by the way side but the "brilliant" part... well.. you get the idea. :crazy: