HTC Will be Releasing a Completely Redesigned 'Hero' Flagship Smartphone in October

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
p13-150603-a2.jpg

HTC's stock price continues to tumble off a cliff, and because of that their new CEO, Cher Wang, apologized to shareholders at the latest stock meeting (shown above). On top of that, she vowed that the company will be releasing a completely redesigned new "hero" level, flagship smartphone on October of this year.

She also indicated that the company will be working on their product mix. This comes on the heels of HTC's release of a brand new phone in China. The device is the HTC One ME. What's particularly odd about this device is that it has upgraded specs from the HTC One M9, just like the other phones they recently launched, the HTC One E9+ and the HTC One M9+. This means that China now has 3 of HTC’s 2015 devices, even though most of the other countries globally only have the HTC One M9.

To say this is a confused product launch this year, is a bit of an understatement. Will a brand new flagship released later on this same year help save HTC, or will it simply contribute to the problem? Whichever the case may be, HTC really needs to get their act together, or it's probably "curtains" for the once mighty Android OEM...

The specs and pic of the HTC One ME are in the thread below.

Source: TaipeiTimes

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are the specs and image for the new HTC One ME released in China:
(*For those who didn't read the whole story above, this is NOT the new phone that HTC is launching in October. This phone just launched in China.)
  • 5.2-inch 2560 x 1440 display
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 32GB of storage
  • Front-facing UltraPixel camera
  • *Fingerprint scanner
  • 2,840mAh battery
  • MediaTek’s octa-core Helio X10 chipset
htc-one-me-640x610.png

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
I just can't believe nobody has been fired for the mess they have created.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's weird that the most innovative company is Motorola. Everyone else seem to be trying to emulate the iPhonish look. I miss the days when Android was trying to be different.

Caesars

Reaction score
I gave the m9 a legit shot, seemed like a downgrade from the m8 (for my use), it was traded in for my g4 :).

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
The original CEO was demoted. That sorta counts. :)
Lol yeah I guess.
I gave the m9 a legit shot, seemed like a downgrade from the m8 (for my use), it was traded in for my g4 :).
Nice! I bought a Nexus 6. I just could not go back to anything other than forward facing speakers after owning an M7 AND M8.