HTC Unveils the HTC One A9; Full Specs, Release Date & Price

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC-One-A9.png

HTC kicked off their press event for the brand new HTC One A9, and we are not really surprised by the product. Despite its similarities to the current iPhone design, it still has a premium HTC design aesthetic. It also has pretty much all of the specs that the rumors indicated it would. In fact, if you look at the processor and battery, it's a bit "middle end." Read on to find out more.

Here's a breakdown of what was revealed in the HTC One A9 event:
  • 5-inch Full HD AMOLED display - Corning Gorilla Glass 4
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 processor with integrated X8 LTE and 64-bit octa-core CPUs and Adreno 405 GPU
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 13-megapixel rear camera (OIS, Dual-LED)
  • UltraPixel 5MP front-facing camera
  • HTC BoomSound audio (the phone no longer has dual-front stereo speakers)
  • Android 6.0 Marshmallow
  • Non-removable 2150 mAh battery
  • 16GB and 32GB models
  • Expandable SD card storage up to 2TB
  • Latest version of Sense UI is streamlined and stripped down even further - as close to stock Android as HTC has ever come, but still includes BlinkFeed, Zoe and the Themes app
  • High-performance fingerprint sensor - (typically faster than what is found on the iPhone 6)
  • QuickCharge 3.0
  • Color options: Carbon Gray, Opal Silver, Topaz Gold and Deep Garnet
The phone will be launching sometime in the beginning of November, and will be coming to Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint. HTC surprised us by promising an unlocked edition that will be covered by HTC's "Uh Oh" protection. That includes FREE advanced exchange within 24 hours of calling.

HTC claims that the HTC One A9 is the first non-Nexus Android to include 6.0/Marshmallow out of the box. Also, HTC promises that the One A9 will continue to be updated to the latest version of Android within 15 days of Google first announcing any new version. HTC is also offering a 30 day money-back guarantee on the phone for folks who want to try it out. Pre-orders start today with the base model price of $399.99.

For the most part, all of the rumors regarding this device seem to prove accurate. The internals of the phone are nothing to get too thrilled about, but we must admit that HTC has stepped up their game in the "service" (before and after) the sale department. They are hungrily going after customers now and plan to take good care of them after the fact.

While this smacks of mild desperation, it's actually refreshing to see. Perhaps that's how HTC can distinguish themselves in the future. Maybe offering superior customer service can garner more attention than superior internal hardware.

Here's our dedicated HTC One A9 section for further discussion: HTC One A9 | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Last edited:

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
I'm kinda mad HTC decided to go this route I mean I knew it was coming but still was hoping they would pull a fast one on us. There was no need to make a carbon copy of the iPhone. There were so many beautiful renders of what this phone line could have been while still keeping the front facing boom sounds speakers and keeping the M7-M9 inspiration.

#RIPHTC

Last edited:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
HTC and their small batteries. :confused:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
617 processor and the small battery just made it not even a contender. I really feel like HTC was almost.....nope not close.

Seriously if they would have went with a better processor and 3000 mAh battery at that price it would have been a serious contender. I dont mind that it is a 1080P display as that would mean longer battery life.

I feel like with every HTC phone they have a device that can contend and then someone walks in and scratch out a few things and turn a contender into a device that you dont even bother to play with in a carrier store.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
617 processor and the small battery just made it not even a contender. I really feel like HTC was almost.....nope not close.

Seriously if they would have went with a better processor and 3000 mAh battery at that price it would have been a serious contender. I dont mind that it is a 1080P display as that would mean longer battery life.

I feel like with every HTC phone they have a device that can contend and then someone walks in and scratch out a few things and turn a contender into a device that you dont even bother to play with in a carrier store.
I feel the same, they're mostly there. But there's always something they "mess up". Now those specs might handle fine, but when I'm looking for a new device, I'm looking for future proof specs because I'm not one to switch phones every year.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk