HTC Thunderbolt Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor007

Reaction score
I had the iPhone for 6 months, the camera on it was better than a lot of point and shoots, but, for me the carrier sucked and even though its going to be on Verizon and I happen to use a Macbook I won't get another iPhone. The restrictions vs the limitless possibilities on Android are a pill I won't take anymore. Its personal choice and very soon Verizon customers will have another choice, but at AT&T's expense and not Androids.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Oh yes that Tuesday event... No doubt concerning LTE, be it pricing plans or the Thunderbolt, or maybe both. Oh man that would be sweet if the Thunderbolt came out this Thursday, improbable, but it would be sick.

Though I am expecting we will find out if 4G is going to be affordable and uncapped. I imagine everything would stay the same since most people don't have 4G coverage and won't for years. I know Sprint charges $10 extra for WiMax on the EVO, but I for some reason think they won't be expanding their WiMax network much, so they just figure if you live in a big city, get WiMax, if not, you will never get it, so don't pay for it. I could be wrong, I don't keep tabs on Sprint.

I don't suppose anyone out there is interested in my Droid Incredible? Mint condition, comes with Seidio extended battery, which is awesome by the way, and the ESN couldn't be more clear. Is this against forum policy? I don't know. Does anyone care? Probably some moderators out there.

rushman

Reaction score
Its been widely reported including the wall street journal that this will be the reveal of the iPhone coming to verizon.... probably not a good thing for android, but definitely a good thing for us, now the android phone makers will be pressured to speed things up a bit as not to lose too much ground to the iphone (and have no doubt the numbers will **** dramatically at first back in favor of the iphone on verizon). The cumulative numbers might not change that much, but I'm sure there will be a mass migration of att iphone users over to verizon.

AppleInsider | WSJ: Verizon to announce CDMA iPhone 4 on Tuesday

toddabuilder

Reaction score
I would like to see it be about launching 4G and the TB, but the iPhone annoucement sounds more reasonable. If it is the iPhone at least it will be done and we can move forward with the rest of the phones.

Reaction score
No matter how much I wish I could see this phone in late January or early February, it looks like it will not be released until early March. There is a Thunderbolt on sale on ebay, but the seller says the buyer will not be able to receive it until then (he said the buyer should receive it on or before March 8th). I sent him a message, and here is what it said:

(Me)
"How come the shipping timeframe is not until March 8th? Is this phone not
being officially released for sale until the end of February, early March?
I've been very interested in it for months now."

(Seller)
"Yes. It is projected to be released end of Feb. or early March. If details
change and the date is earlier then i will ship the phone sooner...if i send it now and you hook it up Verizon will shut down your account."

**Therefore, my personal projection is March 3-4 for release date.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
... Well let's look at this logically, the phone is ready- HTC's CEO had one and uses it as his everyday phone (or so he tells us). Will it really take two months to start selling it?

cpjr

Reaction score
I would love to see it launch on my birthday but I think one day after CES is to soon. So I'll have to go with January 27th. Possibly the 3rd of Febuary.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...-dummies-guide-android-terminoligy-lingo.html

http://www.droidforums.net/http://w...s/70875-what-you-need-know-about-rooting.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...08-multiple-phones-root-them-unroot-them.html

Jan 27 IS my birthday, lol

Gadawgs29

Reaction score
^hahaha

In the past, how soon before a phone's release could you pre-order it?

i pre ordered my Incredible almost a month or so before it came out.
thats the last thing i pre ordered that was right when it was available to order

goathog02

Reaction score
... Well let's look at this logically, the phone is ready- HTC's CEO had one and uses it as his everyday phone (or so he tells us). Will it really take two months to start selling it?

And you believe him? Bc last time I looked, the CDMA frequencies in Asia are different than US. Just saying....

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Are you saying they made a special phone that he can use long time in Asia? Even if that were the case, LTE can roam on GSM. Besides, it doesn't take two months to make phones with different antennas. All the time consuming stuff like Sense and the hardware is taken care of too.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

shortsxit

Reaction score
How does he know? 'Nuff said. It's January. It's gotta be January!!!!

Guys, Verizon has said LTE phones will be released Q2, with some as early as March. Why does everyone keep swearing it will come out in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.