HTC Thunderbolt Pre-orders Begin at Best Buy

Reaction score
I was not interested in buying your 1 year old ATT phone.

I love Sense, havent experienced Blur yet, but without sounding like an idiot, isnt this just an EVO? Which would make it an old phone as well, just with a different badge?

No it's not. It has the new snapdragon cpu even though it's only 1ghz it's 50% faster then the old one thats in the evo. It's almost as fast as the tegra 2 dual-core :icon_ banana:

BGKris

Reaction score
This phone is not worth locking into a two year guys lol but as long as your happy I guess. I'll just wait till I can get it from Verizon and sign my 1 year. dancedroid

liquidice

Reaction score
This phone is not worth locking into a two year guys lol but as long as your happy I guess. I'll just wait till I can get it from Verizon and sign my 1 year. dancedroid

If you buy it from BestBuy @ $250 with the FREE BuyBack program and sell the phone back to BestBuy from 7 months - 12 months you will get $240 back. Assume $599 is the no-contract pricing for your new phone, it would cost $359 for the replacement phone, $609 out of pocket. If you decide a better phone is out in the next 6 months instead - it is only $550 out of pocket.

If we assume the Thunderbolt 1-year pricing is $350 (which nobody is 100% sure of yet) then you buy another phone @ $350 next year for another 1-year contract, it is $700 out of pocket.

Of course, if you can sell the Thunderbolt after 1 year for more than $100 (don't forget if you eBay it, there are eBay fees, etc) you could end up ahead of the game -- but there's no guarantee what the pricing of that phone will be in 1 year.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out on the 1-year pricing for the Thunderbolt (hopefully Verizon will release that information soon) - the BBY preorder is no obligation, you can just opt to not buy it and get stuck with a $50 BBY gift card.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
htcthunderbolt-bestbuy.png

Today Best Buy is now accepting pre-orders for the HTC Thunderbolt. To sign up, all that is required is to lay down $50.00 and that should reserve a spot in line when the first 4G Android phone is unleashed. We still don't have an exact date when the thunderbolt will release, but hopefully someone will spill the beans today and we'll know for sure. Release dates have been pegged all over the place from the 11th,12th, 14th, 24th, 28th of February.

** Update: Several members are reporting Best Buy is confirming Feb 14th as the expected delivery date.

For more Thuderbolt discussions, check out: HTC ThunderBolt area on DroidForums.net

Source: Best Buy
actually its not THE FIRST 4G android phone to be released =]...just pointing it out

aRsTwiX

Reaction score
I just ordered mine and I was the first to do so in the store I went to. The store I went to is numbering the pre-orders and giving the phones out in the same order (oh yeah, first one that comes in is mine) I'm paying full retail because my upgrade is in August but that's ok I'll give it to my daughter and upgrade to a dual core with an unlocked bootloader, besides my wife owes me from Christmas.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Wow. That's a lot to pay for old technology. :D I went to my Bestbuy and there was already 40 preorders lol.

champaned_out

Reaction score
might sound like a dumb question but... say if the TB is released on the 14th and i didnt pre-order mine... can i still walk into a best buy and pick one up if they have it in stock?
or is this only released on the 14th to those that pre-ordered theirs?

i would preorder this if i knew the total price on the phone itself as well as the 4g pricing... until then i dont feel comfortable committing $50

ToastyZ71

Reaction score
might sound like a dumb question but... say if the TB is released on the 14th and i didnt pre-order mine... can i still walk into a best buy and pick one up if they have it in stock?

i would preorder this if i knew the total price on the phone itself as well as the 4g pricing... until then i dont feel comfortable committing $50

Yes, as long as they have stock, you should be able to walk in and buy it. From what we have been seeing, price is 249.99/2yr contract, and initial reports are also that data will be 29.99/month...

champaned_out

Reaction score

Yes, as long as they have stock, you should be able to walk in and buy it. From what we have been seeing, price is 249.99/2yr contract, and initial reports are also that data will be 29.99/month...

ahh okay thanks that what i figured just wanted to be safe
i keep hearing $250 and similar data plans as well but until i see it on paper ill be holding back.. i wouldnt even mind $35 a month but anything above that and it'll match my home internet service which is crazy -__-

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
There are a couple of newer vids on Youtube on the Thunderbolt and Bionic. I just might be sold on the Thunderbolt. :)

fishfood

Reaction score
FYI, I went to the local BB to pre-order my TB and was told that BB does NOT honor early upgrades from Verizon. I'm eligible for an early upgrade, but my contract isn't up until July and that's the earliest I can renew my contract through BB. Guess I'll be waiting for the Verizon release :icon_evil:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If this is $249 does that mean we should expect $299 for the Bionic on 2-yr contract?

Otherwise when the Bionic comes out I would think the TB would have to be discounted. There may be several reasons a customer would still choose the TB, but I think even the barely tech literate knows 2 (cores) is better than 1.

Anyway, I continue to cross my fingers that LTE won't hit aggressive sales targets and those of us waiting for another 6-12 months for an upgrade get a promo!

ace198

Reaction score
I just pre-order my Thunderbolt at bestbuy and he siad it be ready for pick up on Feb 14 and they call us then they come in and setup times to come in.

jcbsides

Reaction score
I just pre-order my Thunderbolt at bestbuy and he siad it be ready for pick up on Feb 14 and they call us then they come in and setup times to come in.

Was this before or after the delay business popped up?