HTC Sense and Screen Help

fant0m_Eris

Reaction score
Hello,

I find that when I hit the home button, I can either choose Panda Home, Home, or HTC Sense. By default, since I've owned the phone, I always had HTC Sense running, with a MW2 theme (background).

I just want to know what the difference is - and what the stock screen is.

Any ideas?

jhart15063

Reaction score
home - stock android home with 3 pages and the grey tab, never used it.

htc sense - i like the widgets but it ran slow for me sometimes

panda home - i hate it. slow only 3 pages, its cool because you can theme it but thats all it has going for it

i run LauncherPro Beta. i love it, it runs smooth and fast, you can have however many pages you want 3-7, get a 3D app drawer, have a scrollable dock and its all customizable, check it out its free in the market.

ive played wit most of them, (livehome, adw, helix, open home, panda home, etc.) i like launcherpro the best but, live home and sense are good too.

OP
F

fant0m_Eris

Reaction score
Nice, thanks man. Any idea how to change the settings as to which you want to display when you hit the home button?

Even though I've uninstalled my AC2 theme, it still pops up whenever I hit the home button. Any way to revert it back to HTC Sense while I download/try LauncherPro?

jhart15063

Reaction score
if you have alot of different home replacements i think you can get an app called home switcher? ive never used it but that might help.

if you mean you want sense as the default just check the "set as default action" next time the window pops up ..

or you can go into settings>applications>manage applications> and clear the defaults/force stop other home replacement apps then just hit home and choose sense.

jhart15063

Reaction score
oh you mean panda? yeah it did that for me too, clearing the defaults and force stopping might work, or you can just uninstall it all together

OP
F

fant0m_Eris

Reaction score
or you can go into settings>applications>manage applications> and clear the defaults/force stop other home replacement apps then just hit home and choose sense.

NICE. thanks man. This worked perfectly.

zwade01

Reaction score
When I was trying to feel out the different homes you can choose, I did use the "Home Switcher" app. It's free from the market. You can go through and set up each home the way you like, then open the app and do what it's name says. After I found the one I liked or used most, I uninstalled the ones I didn't like.