HTC Rezound screen black

Emmetkelly

Reaction score
I cracked the screen of my phone, so I ordered a new digitizer. While repairing the digitizer, I broke the LCD. Now I replaced the LCD, but the screen is black. I feel the phone vibrate when it turns on, but nothing happens with the screen. I don't see any reason why it's not working since everything is plugged in. Any ideas?

bradyglover29

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem and this is the only post I could find on the situation would love to know what you figured out and how u fixed it if at all thanks

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be wise, but manually replacing anything on these phones is a gamble. You could have more damage than you think or an incorrect part. For the cost of parts/time/labor, you could have spent the $99 for the insurance deductible and moved on.

DaniD

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be wise, but manually replacing anything on these phones is a gamble. You could have more damage than you think or an incorrect part. For the cost of parts/time/labor, you could have spent the $99 for the insurance deductible and moved on.

I've cracked my screen as well. Unfortunately, I don't have insurance on my phone. Couldn't afford it, and now that I've had the phone for about 9 months, I'm pretty much out of luck.

I broke my screen almost 2 months ago. My phone is still working just fine, but now I'm noticing that the glass seems to be cracking even more every day. I've talked to a few places about replacing my screen and they all told me the same thing: On this phone, the LCD and touchscreens are attached which makes replacement of one piece extremely hard. They all suggest buying the parts pre-attached to make replacement ever so slightly easier. I've seen this part online for around $90. Now to find out how much they want to charge me to replace it.....