HTC Repair Dept.

tituswife

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with HTC Repair Dept.? I have to call them tomorrow, due to hardware problems with a phone I've had since July 27. I was told it would take two to four weeks.

Sent from my Tbolt using DroidForums

delcopa

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with HTC Repair Dept.? I have to call them tomorrow, due to hardware problems with a phone I've had since July 27. I was told it would take two to four weeks.

Sent from my Tbolt using DroidForums

Why are you going through HTC for a hardware problem??? If you have the phone less then a year you can go through Verizon for a replacement. All thunderbolts are less then a year. Here call this number and tell them you have been having hardware issues and need a replacement.....

866-406-5154

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
Why are you going through HTC for a hardware problem??? If you have the phone less then a year you can go through Verizon for a replacement. All thunderbolts are less then a year. Here call this number and tell them you have been having hardware issues and need a replacement.....

866-406-5154

Will HTC repair my actual phone, which is a month old? Won't Verizon send me a used phone?

Sent from my Thunderbolt

chukeee

Reaction score
You are correct. If u can do without a phone for a few weeks go through HTC for the repair. Verizon just going to send u a refurbished phone which also may have problems.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Personally, I'd prefer to go through HTC and have MY phone sent back to me, than get someone else's refurbished dud.

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
Personally, I'd prefer to go through HTC and have MY phone sent back to me, than get someone else's refurbished dud.
Yes, but do you know for sure that is what they do? Verizon said HTC will just send a used one. Have not had a chance a talk to them. Still troubleshooting. I have figured out way more than the experts, whose answers only seem to be factory reset or exchange for a used phone.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

chukeee

Reaction score
More than likely if they can't repair it they will send a replacement which more than likely will be used. But I would rather get a used one from HTC than from Verizon. Verizon refurbished devices are like rolling a dice. Took three before I got a good one.

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
More than likely if they can't repair it they will send a replacement which more than likely will be used. But I would rather get a used one from HTC than from Verizon. Verizon refurbished devices are like rolling a dice. Took three before I got a good one.

Absolutely, this is why I bought the Tbolt, after four refurbished Droid2's. Is that how they get people to buy new phones, which they sell at a loss, in order to get contract extensions?

Sent from my Thunderbolt

electric6

Reaction score
I don't if it is any different than warranty claims, but my insurance claim for my broken-in-half blunderbolt was rewarded with a brand spanking new tb. Just wanted to comment. I would assume also that they would send you a refurbished replacement for a warranty issue, but maybe you'll get lucky?