HTC one fried

RedRocker

Reaction score
The wife was riding in a boat & got splashed a few times getting her phone wet & apparently fried it.
Is there any way to recover the pics & contacts? Is there a removable sim card? We are old farts &
not real technical, so answer as if you were talking to a moron. :biggrin: Thanks!

iRenegade

Reaction score
This was a month ago, so I guess you got your answers or replacement by now!

OP
RedRocker

RedRocker

Reaction score
We replaced it, but never did find a place to retrieve the photos, that project went to the back burner for now.
I was able to get it to boot up a couple of times & access the photos, but it would shut down before I could download
anything on the computer.

connexus

Reaction score
The wife was riding in a boat & got splashed a few times getting her phone wet & apparently fried it.
Is there any way to recover the pics & contacts? Is there a removable sim card? We are old farts &
not real technical, so answer as if you were talking to a moron. :biggrin: Thanks!
IF you had your photos saved to the micro SD card (if you had one) or the sim card, you should be able to access them. You can remove the back of the HTC One Max by moving the little sliding button on the upper left side of the phone downward. That released the back so you can remove it.
Once inside, you can see both the SD card and the sim card. You just slide out the SD card. To get the sim card in, you have to push it in a little further and then it will unlatch and come out. Then you put the SD card in the new phone. If your new phone came with its own sim card, do NOT just slide in the old one. I don't know what that would do. Ask your phone provider for words of wisdom on that one.