HTC Nexus 'Sailfish' Specs Leaked [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sailfish-Pacific.png

We are skeptical of this latest Nexus leak, but wanted to share it with you guys for discussion. The specs for the HTC Nexus codenamed, "Sailfish" have supposedly been revealed. Based upon the info, it's easy to assume this will be the HTC variant of the Nexus 5. Here are the specs:
  • 5-inch Full HD display (440PPI)
  • 2.0GHz 64-bit Quad Core SoC (unknown model at this time)
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32GB storage model (with more storage options probable)
  • 12-megapixel rear camera
  • 8-megapixel front camera
  • Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
  • USB Type-C port
  • 2770mAh battery
  • Bluetooth 4.2
  • Android N
This intel looks like a very "safe" bit of speculation, as the hardware is not very robust. Of course, today's smartphone tech has become so good, it's hard to argue that the latest and greatest internals are necessary for a solid user experience anymore.

Either way, we will keep an eye out for leaks regarding the bigger Nexus 6 sibling of this device. In the mean-time, let us know how you feel about this info.

Source: AndroidAuthority

Amazon.com: The Platypus Pro Series for Porsche 911 (991) Tow Hook No Drill Front License Plate Mount 2012-2016: Automotive

Last edited by a moderator:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Freakin Nexus! They ALWAYS skimp on their hardware. I wish they'd give Samsung one more try. I know their first stab at it wasn't all that, but it's been years and everyone has improved, both in the hardware & software department. If they would use the S7 (or even the upcoming Note's hardware) paired with vanilla Android, THAT would be one beast of a device!
...sigh...maybe next year.

S5 tap'n

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
2700 mAh battery? Yikes.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

pchain

Reaction score
A new nexus was my backup plan if I didnt like the Note 7. So after hearing the rumors on both devices, I guess I will have to figure out what plan C will be now. Perhaps I should be content with what I already have....but that is getting harder and harder to do... lol

Reactions: cr6

Gremlin

Reaction score
This is most likely equivalent to the Nexus 5X model. its a rumor still just be patient :p