htc incredible

ooluckyhunter

Reaction score
Just got the HTC Incredible from Verizon Wireles .This is my first smart phone and I need some beginner stuff to do with it . want to keep my data usage at a minimal so what can I do to keep that at a minimal? Yes this is the 4g model

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
First thing, find and setup a Wi-Fi network. Using Wi-Fi does not count against your data allotment.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
O

ooluckyhunter

Reaction score
11bravo,

That was my mos while I did my time many many moons ago.Spent time in Bamberg Germany then went on top the Screamin Eagles . Cell phones back then came in a bag!

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Congrats on the new phone. One thing to keep in mind to make life a little easier when you ask for help with your phone is to include the whole phone model name. For example you said you got the incredible. Which one? There are three models: incredible, incredible 2, and incredible 4G. Now because you say you just got it we can guess that you have the incredible 4G. If you go to the incredible forum you will be looking at advice for a device that is 3-4 years old. Make sure you look at the incredible 4G forum. Hope that helps you at least a little bit. Again congrats on the new phone and welcome to droid forums. Good luck!

PS, stay away from angry birds, it is wickedly addictive! LOL

xtor

Reaction score
11bravo,

That was my mos while I did my time many many moons ago.Spent time in Bamberg Germany then went on top the Screamin Eagles . Cell phones back then came in a bag!

I was stationed in baumholder Germany for 5 yrs, 85 to 90

11bravo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Congrats on the new phone, and thanks for your service! I am a former Screaming Eagle also (10+ years there). My wife had a HTC Incredible 2 and loved it and has had the Incredible 4G for about 6 months now (I am assuming you have the Incredible 4G). She loves the Incredible line of phones and the Incredible 4G seems to be a good little phone. She has even dropped it twice and no major damage. As others said, the HTC Forum section has a lot of good information. As mountainbikermark said, use WiFi as much as possible to avoid going over your data plan. I use an app called Onavo Count on my daughter's smartphone since she is on a 2GB plan. It is free in the Play Store and easy to setup & use. It will tell you exactly which apps are using how much data and alert you if anything is a "data hog." My only other advice would be to carefully read any app descriptions, permissions and user reviews before downloading from the Play Store. There are a lot of really great apps and a few that might cause problems. My wife didn't take that advice and installed every game and app any friend would recommend. I had to do a factory reset (FDR) on her phone Friday evening; it would not answer calls, make calls, send texts, recognize the SD card, SIM card, etc., etc. Her phone works great again and it only takes a little time to set everything back up, but she now knows to be a little more careful about what apps she installs. Enjoy your new smartphone!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome to the forum!

As noted, thanks for your service (and those of you in this thread who have served/are serving :))...

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. (Katterbach, Ansbach, Zweibrucken, Miesau, Augsburg Germany at various times. Miss it a lot.) DancingNexus