HTC Gets Violent With the Competition; Hires Baseball's Robinson Cano to Swing Away in New Video

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I guess HTC's marketing team decided that "literally" bashing the competition in a new video ad would be better than simply extolling the virtues of their new HTC One M9. HTC hired baseball Allstar Robinson Cano to demolish several competitor smartphones with his trusty bat.

Cano steps up to the plate and unleashes pure slo-mo destruction on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6, and LG G3. While mildly entertaining to watch, we can't help but wonder if something more creative and constructive might have made for a better use of PR resources. What do you guys think?

Here's a link to our dedicated HTC One M9 section for further discussion: HTC One M9 and M9 plus Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Not sure how to take the literal meaning of smashing the competition. I'd prefer a M9 driving a bulldozer over them.

bigdad63

Reaction score
"Going against convention" by offering class trailing screens, visually unbalanced design and telling everyone that a flagship doesn't need OIS.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
It would have impressed me if he had taken a whack at an HTC phone and it stayed in one piece. Otherwise meh.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
It looked cool. However, HTC is once again failing to show me what it is about their phone that I should switch over to them for.