HTC Flyer Available For $299.99 At BestBuy

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
flyer.jpg

Seems like HTC is the next company to slash the prices of their tablet immensely because its now available for a steal. The 7 inch honeycomb tablet that was launched just a few months ago is now selling at all Best Buy stores for only $299.99. This price is $200 less than it was originally selling for, and you still get all the original good stuff.

$299 for an Android 3.X powered 7 inch tablet that comes with a stylus and a 1.5 Ghz processor? How does that sound to you?

Get one: BestBuy

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
This is actually a pretty good deal.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
If it was 3.x I'd think it was interesting, but 2.3...

The issue I'm having with tablets is I don't see one that is different from my phone. This tablet just looks like a large HTC phone running GingerBread (a phone OS). This (along with the first Galaxy Tab) should have be $199 at the get go.

Tablets like these just come off as over sized phones to me. Not worth shelling out $300 for.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have this device here at DF? I was considering it but it doesn't look to be that much different from my HTC phone. As far as I can see the differences from my phone are that it has a larger screen, working mhl out, and light scribe tech. Anything else? Can vector drawings be done with this tablet as one would do in adobe illustrator? Is there any advance drawing apps? I don't want it just for doodling.

noisyKricket

Reaction score
The issue I'm having with tablets is I don't see one that is different from my phone. This tablet just looks like a large HTC phone running GingerBread (a phone OS). This (along with the first Galaxy Tab) should have be $199 at the get go.

Tablets like these just come off as over sized phones to me. Not worth shelling out $300 for.

My thought's exactly! I don't need a bigger version of my phone that can't make calls. lol. They need to separate themselves substantially.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Does anyone have this device here at DF? I was considering it but it doesn't look to be that much different from my HTC phone. As far as I can see the differences from my phone are that it has a larger screen, working mhl out, and light scribe tech. Anything else? Can vector drawings be done with this tablet as one would do in adobe illustrator? Is there any advance drawing apps? I don't want it just for doodling.

I highly doubt it has anything like that. Even if there was something like it out it'd be on a 3.x tablet. Not on a 2.3 device.

I think stuff like this will probably come out with Windows 8 tablets

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
If this becomes unlockable/rootable, I may be interested as I could put CyanogenMod 8 on there when it's available. I'd also snap it up as is if it was $200.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt it has anything like that. Even if there was something like it out it'd be on a 3.x tablet. Not on a 2.3 device.

I think stuff like this will probably come out with Windows 8 tablets

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Yea I have already decided against this tablet. Looking at it on youtube it looks pretty limited. When tablets can allow me to do advanced vector drawings or run my graphic design programs, then I will get one. Android or not, these tablets need to offer us more.