HTC Eris?? Any good?

Moroney167

Reaction score
I love my droid x. Girlfriend however seems to be sobering up and told me find her a droid. She wants smaller clean look and isn't.doing more than textinf calling. So I of course will root it if possible an just try to get battery life stronger an keep phone fast for her. Anyone suggest or.have a downside of the eris? Right now got someone wwho wants to do straight swap for her BB.

Thanks,
Jim

Are there any of u rooted o. It that can say good things?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

leonozug

Reaction score
I would just buy her a Moto Droid off of Ebay in good condition. You can get them cheap, sometimes between $50 to $100 bucks. Can't go wrong that way. I don't believe the Eris is really considered that good of a phone. Not when stacked up against the original Droid.

OP
M

Moroney167

Reaction score
Wow good to know thanks so much.

What about the LG Ally or Sanding phone.

leonozug

Reaction score
Me personally man, I had an Original Droid from Nov. 09 to just a few weeks ago. It was one of the best, most solid and dependable phones I ever owned. You can do so much with it as far as ROMS go. It's awesome. I got an X cause I had an upgrade and now I'm REALLY loving it. But the OG Droid is still awesome. Way better than an Eris or Ally. The original Droid is running ROMS with Android 2.3.3 right now. My X is only running 2.2.1. lol

But, I guess the Eris is OK for free, I believe there is even a Gingerbread ROM out for it. I would get an original Droid though. I'm sure most people on here would suggest the same. So many options with it.

OP
M

Moroney167

Reaction score
Great help and info. It is hard to say no when I can just swap that dam boring blackberry. An perhaps go from there. In the long run its just a change and shell either love droid or go back to iphone. Happens. Im dying for the thunderbolt but im sure.there will be something sick in time. Still loving my DX.

So I will maybe go for this eris. Root it an see how we do. She isn't gonna tinker I will just so I know the phones doing all it can. Never leave anything stock!

Firebat138

Reaction score
I just gave mine away and got the TB. So for free, YES... cant go wrong, but it is crap IMO. had it since launch and after the update, it is just a dog. Root it and see...

OP
M

Moroney167

Reaction score
Hm I do tend to learn the hard way but maybe ill hold off. Its 2 for 2 right now being junk. I rather her like the droid an hopefully not go iphone. But who knows.

Ill hold off.till I find a droid 1 an root it up. Deff has more options rooting.

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
For a beginner, either a Droid Eris or the Droid 1 is an excellent choice. I was a dev over at xda for the Droid Eris and believe me, the devs over there are awesome !!! We had 2.3.3 roms going on Droid Eris devices before just about anyone! They are extremely stable and the battery life on the Droid Eris (if rooted with a custom rom) is amazing, I had 35+ hours on mine. Now I have the Droid 1 and it too is an awesome device (faster than the Eris but worse battery). In my opinion, (since she's a beginner AND a woman lol) I would get her the Eris. She'll love it!

Firebat138

Reaction score
Nice... Hey... can you pm me or post a link to a good root for the Eris. and two. what do you think would be a fair price for the Eris, no scratches, under 8 months old, case, charger, car charger, cables, etc would be. I gave it to my friend, but she is getting the TB also and is giving it back... just wondering.

Thanx

Eric

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Nice... Hey... can you pm me or post a link to a good root for the Eris. and two. what do you think would be a fair price for the Eris, no scratches, under 8 months old, case, charger, car charger, cables, etc would be. I gave it to my friend, but she is getting the TB also and is giving it back... just wondering.

Thanx

Eric

Z4root works perfect on the Eris, I can post a link later, at work right now. I'd say you could probably sell it on Craigslist for about $120-$140. I sold mine rooted with 2.3 on it for $160.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App