HTC drops the sue bomb on Apple

Kias

Reaction score
The actual legal complaint (Docket number 425196) has some confidential exhibits, and some public pages... About a gazillion of them! I'm going over them right now, I'll post back when I find something interesting.

Kias

Reaction score
They submitted, with the complaint, 5 physical exhibits.
  1. Apple iPhone 3GS (in box with packaging)
  2. Apple iPad (in box with packaging)
  3. Apple iPod Touch (in box with packaging)
  4. Nexus One
  5. HTC Pure
So....
Patent infringement 1: "Method for Power Management of a Smart Phone" Patent # 6,999,800

Patent infringement 2: "Telephone Dialler [sic] witha Personalized Page Organization of Telephone Directory Memory" Patent # 5,541,988

Patent infringement 3: "Telephone Dialler [sic] with Easy Access Memory" Patent # 6,320,957

Patent infringement 4: "Power Control Methods for a Portable Electronic Device" Patent # 7,716,505

#2, has multiple infringements listed.

It goes on and on and on and on, but it is asking to bar entry into the united states ALL portable electronic devices and related software of Apple, Inc.

Reaction score
Apple got greedy and started played hardball.. Its only normal for that same greed ball to hit apple in there Igroin. =D Pwn for all of Htc today.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hope this works out for HTC and Nokia. Apple goes around busting down peoples doors and being cocky, it's time someone went up against them IMO. "Another smartphone is getting successful? Find something that we can say they stole from us!"

I know this could no way result in Apple going away and that's fine, they make some nice products. I just hate how they act like they are superior to all.

Kias

Reaction score
Correction; It's docket #2732 and Document #425195 (The afformentioned 425196 is the classified document number.)

Attached is the main complaint of 31 pages. There's an additional 722 pages in public exhibits, and an unknown amount of classified exhibits I do not have access to. If anyone is completely bored to death and wants to see the additional 722 pages, just let me know, and I can post 'em on my website.

Kias

Reaction score
Ok... I just keep finding more.

There's an additional 2257 pages in appendices, and the confidential exhibit is 51 pages. So, there's a total of 3061 pages that were filed, along with the physical exhibits.

Looks like it's gonna be a long drawn out fight!

No official response from Apple yet.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thin k all this stuff is just a stare down. HTC proving to apple that it won't back down, it will get to court and get thrown out. THe result will probably be a president that prevent a lawsuit like this from happening. Sort of like xerox keeping other companies from making copy machines.
HTC and apple are just flexing their muscles.

Technoman

Reaction score
I wish EVERY phone maker that exists would ban together and SUE the pants off of Apple, Steve Jobs, and put them in the deep hole they belong in. I hate Steve Jobs/Apple and everything they are!!

Kias

Reaction score
I wish EVERY phone maker that exists would ban together and SUE the pants off of Apple, Steve Jobs, and put them in the deep hole they belong in. I hate Steve Jobs/Apple and everything they are!!

I wish they'd do this in the next two months too!

I'm buying a hand full of apple products in August, while under duress. My daughter is going to college for graphic design. You'll never guess which computer the graphic design world uses. Uggh. $4000.00 down the tubes. I did tell her that's the last computer I'll ever buy her. (Yeah right...) LOL!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I wish they'd do this in the next two months too!

I'm buying a hand full of apple products in August, while under duress. My daughter is going to college for graphic design. You'll never guess which computer the graphic design world uses. Uggh. $4000.00 down the tubes. I did tell her that's the last computer I'll ever buy her. (Yeah right...) LOL!

That is what angers me about apple; they make good computers but they gouge the customers to death. I can buy a nice laptop for 600 -800 bucks and it includes best buys accidental handling (where if you take a sledge to it they will replace it).
Apple charges 1500-1800 for a refurnished macbook pro (more for a new) and neither will include accidental handling (this will come in handy if ever in a flood or tornado). I understand that macs are virus free and blah blah blah.
Apple needs to bring down the price and start taking better care of the customers.
Any one who has played with the iphone will agree it is a nice, solid, device. But with all the restrictions, then having to go through apple care, the phone is not worth the headache.
People who come on here and flame about vzw and the droid, they must not have had a bad iphone. The Droid you call up customer svc and most of the time you get a new device (refurb I know).
With the iphone you call Att who have to send you to apple; and they treat you like you did something to the phone. Because Apple "never" put out a bad product. So you get to update, update, factory reset, update, get harassed about how you didn't do a good enough job taking care of it, then maybe you get a refurb sent to you.
Apple makes a good product, the iphone, ipad, ipod, ipod touch, and macbooks, are all good products. They are just over priced. Drop the price and have apple care treat people like customers and I will buy a macbook, wont be dropping the droid to go back to iphone 3gs (4.0) but will look at the laptops....maybe I hate that I will have to buy separate software for Microsoft office.

Ainvar

Reaction score
I like Apple products but they are not worth the price tag. I hope HTC & Nokia is able to throw them under a bus or 5 or 6. They need a reality check. Plus the way the patent system is today I am surprised that their is not a patent on the way someone blinks and looks at a phone in a certain angle on a given day....

Good luck HTC!

Big Cam

Reaction score
OK, so what exactly is the reason for HTC to ask apple to stop selling their products?

No where in their release statement did they provide an actual reason to take legal action against apple.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like Apple products but they are not worth the price tag. I hope HTC & Nokia is able to throw them under a bus or 5 or 6. They need a reality check. Plus the way the patent system is today I am surprised that their is not a patent on the way someone blinks and looks at a phone in a certain angle on a given day....

Good luck HTC!

My sentiments exactly. Especially the bolded part.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I'm confused... What, exactly, did Apple do? They decided to delay releasing their product? Who cares?

p1ngputts

Reaction score
I'm confused... What, exactly, did Apple do? They decided to delay releasing their product? Who cares?

looks like patent infringement from what the other posts have said. As to who cares, this is a multi million dollar caring. HTC, if this doesnt get thrown out, will receive a nice huge sum of cash.