HTC Droid: Large Data Transfers at weird times??

hmc8982

Reaction score
Large Data Transfers at weird times??
We have an HTC droid and we have unlimited data plans.. but I was just looking over the data usage and noticed most data is only like 400 KB or less.. probably checking email and whatnot. But there are these random ones.. that are like 3000 KB at around 5, 5:30, 5:50AM and even like 2AM (never the same time exactly), when I know for a fact we are all sleeping.. and then also there were a couple over the past couple days for around 2500 and 3000 at odd times when I knew we weren't on our phone.. what's weird is I know we looked at a couple youtube videos, which might make them that large, but the times it showed we used the 2500 and 3000 were way off of the times we viewed the youtube videos.. I don't know if the timing could be off or something? But what would cause these random larger than normal data transfers at odd times? Is it updates? or what? Anyone else seen this?

I know they aren't horribly large transfers.. but large enough for me to wonder what would be causing it at odd times.. and with the youtube videos could the time just be off? On our other phone t hey are all in sync.. but that phone is an env touch. I know the droid is different.. with lots of apps and updates and stuff. We don't do podcasts or any kind of regular downloads either. So I'm just looking for some clarification on this! Any help would be awesome!! Thanks so much!

Last edited: