HTC Desire running hot and SD card error.

kali

Reaction score
Ok ,so forgive me if there's already a thread about this but I did a search and can't find a clear answer.

I have had my desire for about 3 weeks now and bought a cover for it. A few days after buying the cover my phone suddenly started getting REALLY hot and the battery drained very quickly. I wasn't sure if there's a direct correlation between the case and the heat as their ebay store had great feedback for the same item and when I searched out an answer to the heat problem i realised it was a common thing for my phone. Since taking off the case it hasn't overheated at all. This is something none of the other threads/articles online have talked about. COULD it be the case that is overheating it? Do you think I should try putting it back on?

I also bought a 32gb SD card online from Hong Kong. Since that has arrived I have had issues with trying to use the camera. It keeps telling me 'insufficient file permission.' I immediately assumed it was the cheap card but looked it up anyway and it seems a lot of other people have had the same issue with the SD cards that come with the phone and one guy also had a Sandisk one (which i am told is good quality).

So, I suppose my question here is, do I chuck the SD card? Or do I contact HTC and get them to fix the problems?

ffej89

Reaction score
Welcome Kali, The first thing i do when i start having issues with my phone is remove the battery to reboot the phone and then go from there. Second, i think the 32gig card developer is getting rich selling bogus cards. Not to say yours is bogus but besides a small few, everyone on the forums i visit seem to say the same thing. Bad...some cards dont even have 2 gig's on them and their at capacity. So pull the battery and then try the case again to see where you stand

OP
K

kali

Reaction score
I have checked the card and there's definitely 32gb of space on there.

i have re-booted the phone on numerous occasions and it is ok at first and i can take pics, but then after a few hours i get the same error. I can't be re-booting my phone every time i want to take a picture!