HTC Confirms in Tweet that the HTC One Will NOT Come to Verizon [Correction]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-one-not-on-verizon-tweet.png

Sadly, some news over the weekend shatters previous rumors that Verizon would be getting the HTC One. HTC themselves Tweeted that the device isn't coming to Verizon. They then remind folks that the Droid DNA is still on Verizon in the same Tweet. We can't help but be a bit disappointed by this, but are not surprised. We will keep you informed if something changes.

In the mean-time, do you guys think the HTC Droid DNA will be enough to compete with the Galaxy S4 on Verizon?

Update: It looks like HTC might have been premature in their Tweet about the HTC One not coming to Verizon. Some new intel from AllThingsD seems to suggest that HTC was wrong about that info, and that Verizon will indeed get the device a month or two late, just as we reported last week. You would think that HTC would know if they were launching a device on a certain carrier or not, but it is interesting to note they have since removed their original Tweet regarding the HTC One not coming to Verizon. This seems to suggest a mistake was made. We will keep you updated if something is confirmed. ~ AllThingsD

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
It might be time for VZW to drop the whole "Droid" thing. Especially if they can't release new high-spec phones because they're afraid of undercutting their Droid lineup.

The ONLY thing keeping me around is my unlimited 4G.

Droidram56

Reaction score
Very disappointing. This could be a real setback for HTC in its competition with Samsung since the Galaxy S4 will be carried by VZW.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Will it compete with the SGS4? Highly doubtful. All of the marketing and advertising that Samsung has done has made their Galaxy line a real cash cow. All of my non-tech savvy friends seemed to think the SGS3 was the greatest phone to anything ever. A couple of my close tech savvy friends are big time HTC fans so even though I'm die hard Motorola, I've gotten to see the positive side of HTC's hardware.

Though with all of the internal problems at HTC, their money issues, their attack on that one ROM site, and their belligerent blasting of Samsung...I don't think I could ever support them.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Re: HTC Confirms in Tweet that the HTC One Will NOT Come to Verizon

Will it compete with the SGS4? Highly doubtful. All of the marketing and advertising that Samsung has done has made their Galaxy line a real cash cow. All of my non-tech savvy friends seemed to think the SGS3 was the greatest phone to anything ever. A couple of my close tech savvy friends are big time HTC fans so even though I'm die hard Motorola, I've gotten to see the positive side of HTC's hardware.

Though with all of the internal problems at HTC, their money issues, their attack on that one ROM site, and their belligerent blasting of Samsung...I don't think I could ever support them.

Here's hoping Samsung doesn't someday become apple...

It's HTC and the bad battery that really kills it for me, that's why I skipped the sgs3. That and no sd support.

---
I hate jelly beans, Google's jellybean is alright though.

Sent from my sickeningly sweet Galaxy Note II

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Re: HTC Confirms in Tweet that the HTC One Will NOT Come to Verizon

Sure, let's not deliver to the biggest carrier in one of the biggest smartphone markets. Buh bye HTC!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
It's NOT coming...it IS coming...my head is spinning :)

Good news for those interested in the One. Even though I won't be getting it, I do hope it comes to Verizon.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Phone "exclusives" are so stupid. Half the time it's just a different name for hardware that is otherwise 95% identical.

So easy to see how carrier and manufacturer "collude" to hurt consumer value in multiple ways.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
How the frak does HTC not know who's going to carry their devices?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

wvdroidman

Reaction score
how could they delay ics for the thunderbolt so long that a lot of users already bought other phones? HTC had their chance at blowing the competition away with the thunderbolt BUT they blew it.