HTC Claims The One Will be Their Only One (Flagship) This Year

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-one-silver-main-marketing-pic.jpg

HTC is finally getting serious about its marketing, and vows to make things less confusing for consumers. HTC’s Phil Roberson recently confirmed that HTC will avoid last year's marketing blitz of multiple One products, and instead will focus on targeted branding. Specifically, the HTC One will be the only flagship smartphone HTC will carry. That's not to say they don't intend to have other models, but any other device they bring to market will be for the mid-range and budget crowds. As far as the high-end segment goes, The One is the one.

Hmmm... do you think their marketing department has a thing for the Matrix movies maybe? Regardless, it's good to see HTC finally get smart and adopt a wiser marketing strategy.

Source: Phandroid

shockracer

Reaction score
If this phone doesn't come to VZW and is the only flagship one they will have then either they will lose a huge market share or they are laying and there will be one for VZW, thus making it "2" flagship devices not just one.

skennelly

Reaction score
If this phone doesn't come to VZW and is the only flagship one they will have then either they will lose a huge market share or they are laying and there will be one for VZW, thus making it "2" flagship devices not just one.

Most likely if it comes to vzw, it will be the same phone with a different name.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
htc and blackberry will be owned by people's republic of china in upcoming future.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I still think my Rezound is awesome (granted I'm running a JB rom)