HTC and Qualcomm Show Off Matrix Style Slo-Mo Video with 130 HTC Ones

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;oD26Mrf1mck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD26Mrf1mck&feature=player_detailpage[/video]​

Qualcomm and HTC recently showcased the excellent video capabilities of the HTC One and the Snapdragon processor inside, by creating a Matrix-style bullet-time video of street performers and more. They cook 130 HTC One cameras and mounted them in a spiral to create the effects. They call it the "Snapdragon Ultimate Photo Booth," which is an apt description.

While the bullet time concept is used frequently in movies nowadays, it's unique to see it handled in public with inexpensive and readily available products. The video includes fire breathers, break dancers, a Frisbee catching dog and more! Enjoy!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Technically, cant any phone do this? The app to have them all fire at once is custom so unless the feature is built by default, any smartphone can be substituted.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^^ This.

I can't figure out how this is showcasing the power of the HTC One's Snapdragon processor. Give me some "technicals".

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dunno.... it looks like it's just a marketing stunt. I guess they were simply the first ones to think of this idea. ;)

It makes for a few moments of clever entertainment, but you guys are right, that it doesn't take a specific piece of hardware to do this.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that there are some minimum requirements, but it's showcasing what the newer snapdragons are capable of. People just don't like to have fun anymore, that's mostly what I take from this thread =p

Rhino413

Reaction score
^^^ This.

I can't figure out how this is showcasing the power of the HTC One's Snapdragon processor. Give me some "technicals".

Just a stab at it. But the camera tech used in the matrix films was not ordinary cameras and was rather expensive in its day. now given its been many years
and that tech is probably cheaper. but to show case that type of clarity and photo processing from a phone is rather impressive. Yes it's just phones taking photos in order but the fact the phones can do so with no lose in photo quality is saying something for the Qualcomm chipset.