HQ AUDIO OUT for DROID X

OP
V

Verastarr

Reaction score

Kandiru

Reaction score
Nothing to argue with there, really. The only music I've purchased over the last several years has been DVD-A and SACD.

Not sure what that has to do with the discussion though.

Nice to see there are some audiophiles on this board.

For bit for bit streaming you get a separates system with an HDMI 1.2 or above processor and a SACD (super audio CD) player.

Then DSD (direct stream digital), aka 100% losless streaming comes alive.

The rest are all compressed formats, DTSHD-MasterAudio about the closest you can get to it.

You have a point, the OP was expecting HQ audio though.

Yes, we need MP3 streams to capture and organize for our ever growing iPod drives:)

manaox2

Reaction score
I get that this is an older thread, but maybe someone will get interested to my benefit and future android users benefits as we all know tablets with Android OS and such will keep coming. Here is an older hack thats pretty dang simple to enable USB OTG host mode on the Droid and could be easily adapted for most android devices:

USB host mode for Droid - Hack a Day

The problem is that Android does not have much support for USB hosting (yet, I bet that its surely coming). The TI OMAP platform (hint hint Droid X!) already has linux host USB drivers made. A talented programmer could use these to write a Kernal mode support to insert into a custom ROM or let root users install an app from the market to interface with USB devices. This way we could connect USB to SPDIF DACs and adapters to use mass storage devices like external usb keys or hard drives. Even possibly a normal keyboard/game controller/screen printer/webcam if your crazy enough. Wouldn't that be nice?

Here is a start: http://groups.google.com/group/android-kernel/browse_thread/thread/c8471573d7553331

Last edited: