Howdy, grizgrin is here to learn

grizgrin

Reaction score
Hello all, grizgrin here and looking to learn about my Droid. I currently own a Dorid and a Droid X thanks to a wonderful girlfriend who loves me. Since I got my X I am truly wanting to learn more about the Android OS and the Droid phone series in particular. This isn't just a phone anymore, no matter how crippled Verizon has tried to make it.

I am less interested in changing colors and pretty pictures, but more looking to really examine how the Droid has been leashed to Verizon. For instance, I travel a crazy amount; using Skype on my Droid would save me a lot of trouble and money each month. Now that I have a backup Droid X, I am willing to jailbreak my Droid if it means I can Skype from it. I think it would also be cool to be able to use the same phone on a Pay As You Go system, but not sure if the hardware will support it.

Hope to learn a lot here, and willing to share whatever I learn as well!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You are in the right place to learn and share information - :welcome:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi grizgrin and welcome to the forums.

We don't use the term "jailbreak" in regards to hacking our phones, rather it is called rooting. If you are at all interested in this then I suggest you read the stickies in the hacking area. There is also a new easy root method that has come out for the X called z4Root. You might want to look into that as well.

Again, glad to have you here and if you need any help finding something don't hesitate to ask.

OP
G

grizgrin

Reaction score
Thanks, y'all! Thanks for correcting my nomenclature, hookbill. I am reading up before I start asking the burning questions, and doing some searches. I can't be the only person whose ever wanted to do the things I want to do, neh? lol

Really appreciate the welcome.