Howard Forums iPhone section

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
This thread just makes me cringe. Why does it have to be an iPhone vs Droid thing? Can't we just have a preference without putting down other options? I love Apple's products, especially my Macbook Pro. I just bought the new iPod Touch 3g and have really enjoyed that as well (especially after I jailbroke it). I just don't get these "fanboys" who act as if they work for the company they are defending. Can we not enjoy and appreciate both the Droid and the iPhone? Anyways, here is the thread that prompted me to say all of this:

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - New "iPhone killer" was exactly what they all were. iPhone still on top

You won't catch me ragging on the iPhone even though I will have a Droid. They are both great phones and since one is only offered on AT&T and the other is only offered on Verizon, it's not like most of has can choose between the two without paying a big early termination fee.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
After reading that, all I can say is WOW. Hardcore isheep right there. Complete ignorance of other technology is just amazing.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you know the saying "most people are dumb as a whole" well that just proves it....

brainwashed comes to mind too...

bamfsig45

Reaction score
To be honest I HATE it when this phone gets called the iPhone killer. Just erks me, its like comparing apples to oranges, the only similarities are they are both Fruit (phones) and both Sweet (operate and function well but yet diffrently) and some people prefer one over the other. Ive never hated on the iPhone, if the iPhone had came to VZW before Android...who knows.

lauriep

Reaction score
I can't believe that way they refuse to accept that for some of us who don't live/work in the small ATT world, the iPhone just isn't an option, no matter how much we wanted one. Now, we have a legitimate rival (not really what I mean) that won't make us Verizon folks feel we are settling. If BOTH worked on Verizon, then it truly would be a personal choice, but it just isn't.

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
I've always hated the whole concept of "iPhone Killing" and just think it is stupid. Why does one phone need to kill the other? It isn't like the iPhone is the most popular or number one selling phone out there either. Symbian is number one in the world as far as the OS goes and I do believe that BlackBerry out sells the iPhone in North America. So why is the number 2 phone maker on the number 2 network the one to beat again? It has never made any sense to me.

OP
JhankG

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've always hated the whole concept of "iPhone Killing" and just think it is stupid. Why does one phone need to kill the other? It isn't like the iPhone is the most popular or number one selling phone out there either. Symbian is number one in the world as far as the OS goes and I do believe that BlackBerry out sells the iPhone in North America. So why is the number 2 phone maker on the number 2 network the one to beat again? It has never made any sense to me.

Great point. If I'm going to go after another phone maker, it will be the number one seller on the number one network. Granted, the iPhone is unique and really changed the landscape of smartphones. I just don't understand why it always has to be one or the other, and when you do choose one, you are supposed to hate the other.:confused:

mjs31

Reaction score
Yet the Iphone users seem to be the ones so defensive. I will never understand people who blindly support a device in which they have to Jailbreak to get enjoyment or actually do anything different than what S. Jobs wants you to do. No sense in even arguing with them since they will just drink the Kool-aid like those in the past.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I blame the frakking tech bloggers.....nobody cares or puts that much importance on the iPhone except the tech blogs and iPhone users themselves.

For the most part we can all appreciate the iPhone. Do we envy it or wish we had one? Not at all. This iPhone killer thing was created by the media and is perpetuated by it. I haven't seen one post in here that claims "The Droid is an iPhone killer" or even one mention of the word except in threads like these where we all despise the comparison.

I'm telling you right now if the iPhone were being released on VZW on friday I still would stick with the Droid. I have no interest in the Apple product. Not to say I can't appreciate the iPhone, because I do. I just don't like the UI or hardware. It's not my style...Droid is a bad boy : )

Note to the fanboys: We seriously do not care about the iPhone as much as you'd like to believe we do. If we REALLY REALLY wanted it we'd simply move over to it. We'd put up with the horrendous AT&T service to get our hands on it just as most of you do.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I blame the frakking tech bloggers.....nobody cares or puts that much importance on the iPhone except the tech blogs and iPhone users themselves.

For the most part we can all appreciate the iPhone. Do we envy it or wish we had one? Not at all. This iPhone killer thing was created by the media and is perpetuated by it. I haven't seen one post in here that claims "The Droid is an iPhone killer" or even one mention of the word except in threads like these where we all despise the comparison.

I'm telling you right now if the iPhone were being released on VZW on friday I still would stick with the Droid. I have no interest in the Apple product. Not to say I can't appreciate the iPhone, because I do. I just don't like the UI or hardware. It's not my style...Droid is a bad boy : )

Note to the fanboys: We seriously do not care about the iPhone as much as you'd like to believe we do. If we REALLY REALLY wanted it we'd simply move over to it. We'd put up with the horrendous AT&T service to get our hands on it just as most of you do.

I 100% agree with that, and was about to post something very similar. Most of the users here that have commented on the iphone, have stated it is a nice device, being held down by apple. Our preference though is in most cases still the droid.

OP
JhankG

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

+1. Very well put cereal killer.

I have fallen in love with the Droid. Even without having ever played with one, I would still rather have it than the iPhone. I have read enough reviews and watched enough videos (somewhere around a million or so) to know that this phone will fit me very well. Plus, I will never choose a phone over a reliable network.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yet the Iphone users seem to be the ones so defensive. I will never understand people who blindly support a device in which they have to Jailbreak to get enjoyment or actually do anything different than what S. Jobs wants you to do. No sense in even arguing with them since they will just drink the Kool-aid like those in the past.

this is where i stand as well. but its not that i don't like the iPhone, its that i don't like the iPhone BECAUSE everyone else does. i am not one of them. i don't get into what is popular BECAUSE of its popularity, only if it is worth it to me. and i feel like the iPhone is the proverbial "one to kill" because it was "cool" first. that thing did stuff that no other phone did when it came out, and still outperforms most phones. the thing is, most people that defend it are preaching the app store gospel.. screw the app store, 90% of the crap in there is just that, crap. my blackberry does everything i NEED it to do, the droid will do everything i WANT it to do, and will do it better than the iPhone. that's why i haven't jumped on the iBandwagon, i was waiting for an equally "cool" device, on a carrier that puts the "work" in "network".

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
a note to the iPhone/ apple fanboys, and i said this in another post a week or so ago, but i'll restate it here:
iFanboys, you ARE welcome here. your input and knowledge is appreciated and valid. you have a lot of experience with a fun OS and apps, and i feel your presence here would be beneficial. having said that, you are ONLY welcome if you present your arguments logically and with facts. i don't want to hear your 85k fart apps. i expect the same from our members-- we won't be bashing you because you have an apple product, so you are not to bash us for NOT having one. as long as we all play nice, all are welcome here.

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
a note to the iPhone/ apple fanboys, and i said this in another post a week or so ago, but i'll restate it here:
iFanboys, you ARE welcome here. your input and knowledge is appreciated and valid. you have a lot of experience with a fun OS and apps, and i feel your presence here would be beneficial. having said that, you are ONLY welcome if you present your arguments logically and with facts. i don't want to hear your 85k fart apps. i expect the same from our members-- we won't be bashing you because you have an apple product, so you are not to bash us for NOT having one. as long as we all play nice, all are welcome here.

Really?!?! Well that just takes the fun out of everything. :mad: I had 684 pages of iInsults already written down....I'll never get those 14 hours back.:soapbox: