[How-To][Video] Double-Tap to Turn Off Screen with Nova

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So one of the main things I hated when switching to the LG G3 is the fact that I'm someone who likes to use third party launchers like Nova Launcher. Because of that, I lost one of the main selling points of the LG G3, double-tap to turn off the screen from the Home Screen. Well, this morning I had some random epiphany and realized there's gotta be an app to turn off the screen without using the button on your phone, and remembered Nova has a gestures and clicks shortcut feature to perform tasks. So whether you have an LG G3 and are in my situation OR someone who has ANY other Android device and wants to do this too, be sure to check out my latest video!

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So one of the main things I hated when switching to the LG G3 is the fact that I'm someone who likes to use third party launchers like Nova Launcher. Because of that, I lost one of the main selling points of the LG G3, double-tap to turn off the screen from the Home Screen. Well, this morning I had some random epiphany and realized there's gotta be an app to turn off the screen without using the button on your phone, and remembered Nova has a gestures and clicks shortcut feature to perform tasks. So whether you have an LG G3 and are in my situation OR someone who has ANY other Android device and wants to do this too, be sure to check out my latest video!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been using the paid version of the app you chose for a while now. The paid version allows you to create a widget and change its opacity. I had an invisible widget on my phones long before anyone had knock off features so I just tapped the spot where I placed the widget and the phone went to sleep.
I did as your video describes right after getting the G2 and discovering Nova lost the tap off feature.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk