how to use autokiller?

peterjariel

Reaction score
I downloaded autokiller a few days ago. Now I don't know how to use it and I heard it saves a lot of batt. So I want to learn how to. I put the setting to aggresive and that's all I've done. How do u kill all the apps that r running on the backround? I kept my task killer and every time I open it there's a whole list of apps open I don't know why, I thought auto killer is suppouse to kill all the apps running in the backround. So if anybody has any info. Please let me know thank you in advance.

Reaction score
There's a lot of posts in this forum of the pros and cons of using a task killer (search for it). I've had my Droid since December and have never used one and never had a slowdown or a battery problem. Android manages tasks quite well by itself. Most of the tasks you see aren't really running until they are needed again. Android keeps them in memory for fast access next time it needs them and so it can restart them where they left off.

You can kill the occasional bad behaving app with the stock application manager from the home screen settings menu. I've had to do this less than 5 times.

Last edited:

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's a lot of posts in this forum of the pros and cons of using a task killer (search for it). I've had my Droid since December and have never used one and never had a slowdown or a battery problem. Android manages tasks quite well by itself. Most of the tasks you see aren't really running until they are needed again. Android keeps them in memory for fast access next time it needs them and so it can restart them where they left off.

You can kill the occasional bad behaving app with the stock application manager from the home screen settings menu. I've had to do this less than 5 times.

Although I agree completely with your points, Peter is not asking about a conventional task killer. He's inquiring about an application that substitutes for the stock Android memory management scheme (available only for rooted phones.) In effect, it allows a user to take over the memory management that is otherwise the job of the Android o/s. How effective and useful that is depends completely on whether you believe you're a better judge of memory management than the o/s.

OP
peterjariel

peterjariel

Reaction score
Thank u guys for ur opinions but I just want to know how to use auto killer thanks

OP
peterjariel

peterjariel

Reaction score
Well I decided to uninstall the advance task killer I had cause every time I opend it I saw a pile of apps open so I'm keeping the auto killer for now and see if it can do its job I think I think my phone is laging a little but it might be my conscience scense I've been using the ATK well if anyone else has any more info on the auto killer, bring it on, I want to know what all the numbers mean and if there's a way to have a visuall like how many apps are open and how many apps its killed and so on idk I just can't find any info on this app. Well thank u again for any info.