How to use "arrow keys" ??

spydergirl

Reaction score
When I have a text box open, I sometimes have to go back and correct something I typed, but it's hard to always get the cursor right back to the exact spot where I need to delete and/or make my corrections without tapping and tapping and tapping all around the box until it FINALLY lands on the right spot! So frustrating! How do I just back-up or forward my cursor to the necessary starting point just like using the arrow keys on my PC without having to hit my delete button to get back to a certain point? Does that make sense?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

bwhite757

Reaction score
When you're typing in a text box and need to go back, tap once at the end of your sentence, a little red circle will appear, press and hold, then a preview box will show up above your finger, and you can scroll the cursor over until it's in the right spot, then just lift your finger and make the correction..

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's EXACTLY what I needed !!! You're awesome!!! THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!! :)

bwhite757

Reaction score
lol, no problem. Just glad I could explain it well enough to be able to figure it out... ;)

motormadness

Reaction score
This is awesome. Just got an x and was wondering the same thing.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

flash24

Reaction score
lol I found out about this just by playing around with it :)

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

bnjmn

Reaction score
Why doesn't the nifty selector thing always work? (Like in a google search box or in this text box right now?)

Also, anyone know specifics of selecting text- sometimes the arrow cursor things show up and you can tap to include more text, but then sometimes you have to get lucky just dragging your thumb...?

Thanks.
Ben

Last edited: