How to turn off Gingerbread OTA notification

nwh10

Reaction score
I'm running Froyo rooted, and I don't want Gingerbread. It has downloaded automatically. How do I turn off the installation notification?

The main reason I don't want GB is that I tried the GB leak, and the nice big telephone answer button provided by Advanced Telephone didn't work. I can't cope with the standard slider. So I SBF'd back to Froyo and re-rooted. I tried EZanswer, and it works under Gingerbread, but the buttons are too small and can't be resized.

OP
N

nwh10

Reaction score
I solved this problem by using Titanium Backup to freeze Updater 2.2. No more update notifications!

Thank you to the Droid forum at Kitty Forums.

hurleygirlie05

Reaction score
I solved this problem by using Titanium Backup to freeze Updater 2.2. No more update notifications! Thank you to the Droid forum at Kitty Forums.
THANK YOU!! Best $7 spent! I just tried doing an update search and it did not work so I can stick with 2.2 and not be automatically updated to 2.3.Thanks again! Seriously... I have spent days researching best way to either tether with GB or stop OTA updates!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
THANK YOU!! Best $7 spent! I just tried doing an update search and it did not work so I can stick with 2.2 and not be automatically updated to 2.3.Thanks again! Seriously... I have spent days researching best way to either tether with GB or stop OTA updates!

I know it's too late, but you could have used Gemini App Manager, which is free in the Market, to do exactly what TiBu can do.

hurleygirlie05

Reaction score
Shoot! I had no idea. Oh well, at least the outcome is the same... NO MORE OTA UPDATES!! Yeehaw!! ;-)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums