how to take a screen shot with the new ics update??

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Hold the power button and the volume down button at the same time for a few seconds. The screen will flash, and you'll hear a shutter sound.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Nor nice sweetness... Not nice at all. :-(

What is not nice about that? He gave the instructions the OP was looking for. Yes that is the same instructions for doing a hard reset, but once the screen shot is taken you let go thus not doing a reset and just taking a screen shot.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello ...let me impart some crazy stuff here man... lol.. jk.

If you want to do a soft boot/sim bat pull, push the volume down first and hold, then push the power and hold. It eliminates the screen shot... :)

Also moving to the ics sub forum. :D

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Last edited:

Tuna62

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
:confused:

What I posted is how you take a screenshot on ICS.

I apologize sweetness... I ran my mouth before learning that's how you take a shot in ics... Only thing I thought that action did was reset your phone. I thought you were jerking his chain. :) sorry.

jifjosh

Reaction score
I've looked around and it's the same information everywhere, but I cannot get my phone to actually ::take:: the screenshot.

I press the power first, then volume down
then the opposite.
I press them simultaneously and I get the same results: Vibration from the sounds being down and the popup to turn my phone off. No screenshot. Is there some setting you have to flip on that is being neglected in every motorola tutorial about this functionality?

omar908

Reaction score
jifjosh said:
I've looked around and it's the same information everywhere, but I cannot get my phone to actually ::take:: the screenshot.

I press the power first, then volume down
then the opposite.
I press them simultaneously and I get the same results: Vibration from the sounds being down and the popup to turn my phone off. No screenshot. Is there some setting you have to flip on that is being neglected in every motorola tutorial about this functionality?

If your getting either vibration from the sounds being down or the popup to turn the phone off that means ur not pushing them exactly the same time ur pushing one faster than the other one :/

jifjosh

Reaction score
If your getting either vibration from the sounds being down or the popup to turn the phone off that means ur not pushing them exactly the same time ur pushing one faster than the other one :/

VZ agent was mistaken about which version the phone runs out of the box, updating the software right now and I think that will fix my problem. We shall see.

omar908

Reaction score
jifjosh said:
VZ agent was mistaken about which version the phone runs out of the box, updating the software right now and I think that will fix my problem. We shall see.

Ohh haha yes that should fix the problem, if you were still on gingerbread (the version before the update) than screenshot capabilities were not added yet

Zer0

Reaction score
I find that it only works when the volume up button is not pushed on my phone. I simultaneously press the power and volume down buttons.