How to stop deleting email on my PC when I delete from my phone

Jay1620

Reaction score
When I delete an email on the phone it deletes it on my PC. Regardless where I store the email (Inbox, folder) after a period of time the email is deleted and goes to my "trash" on the PC. How can I prevent this?

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Try going into "incoming settings "and check "never delete from server"

Edit: if your talking about the Gmail account, I'm not sure

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I am using the email app for my business, not Gmail . It is under account settings. I am also on the D1, getting a Maxx today

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Qberry

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I can't find incoming settings. I have gmail and yahoo mail.

Tuna62

Reaction score
Once you figure out how to stop them from deleting... Post how to get them to delete. I for one wish they would go away after I delete them from my phone.

brucefulton

Reaction score
I believe this is the way IMAP protocol works. Instead of deleting them from the phone, move them to an archive folder on the PC.

Moose381

Reaction score
Once you figure out how to stop them from deleting... Post how to get them to delete. I for one wish they would go away after I delete them from my phone.

I have the same problem....I use Gmail and want it deleted on my computer so that I don't have to back and delete everything a second time. Help with this would be greatly appreciated

ricks

Reaction score
Why do you want to delete emails on your phone and keep them in your computer????? This makes no sense to me. Please explain

brucefulton

Reaction score
I have the same problem....I use Gmail and want it deleted on my computer so that I don't have to back and delete everything a second time. Help with this would be greatly appreciated
Navigate to gmail on your PCs browser. Click the box to select all, and then also click the line that says 'select all xxx conversations in inbox." Then, click the archive icon from the icons toward the top of the screen (looks like a folder with a down arrow, hover and it will say archive). That moves them to the gmail archive folder and your phone and pc email client will sync.

SallyC

Reaction score
When I delete an email on the phone it deletes it on my PC. Regardless where I store the email (Inbox, folder) after a period of time the email is deleted and goes to my "trash" on the PC. How can I prevent this?

What app are you using on your phone?
What software are you using on your PC?
How have you set up the connection - POP, IMAP?

It doesn't sound like you are using the gmail app and accessing gmail via a web browser on your pc. I don't think you'd be having problems then. It sounds like you've set up some sort of sync between your email app and a client like Outlook. It's been a while since I did that, but I believe if you set it up as a POP account it will automatically remove it from the server. You would need to set it up using IMAP and then you would have the options as to either delete it from the server or leave it there.

More info is at [h=3]Setting up & troubleshooting email accounts[/h]

JDH

Reaction score
I was a BB user for years and like the feature that allowed you to delete either on the phone or both the phone and the server. Now I can delete my comcast on the phone without deleteing on my server or live mail on the laptop because I configured it that way in settings when I added the account. For my other pop3 accounts I just configure them to keep a copy till I delete on the server. for Gmail just select archive instead of delete and it is off the phone and recoverable at gmail in the "ALL MAIL" tab. there you can open read and print and then delete forever if you want.
Hope this helps$

Moose381

Reaction score
It doesn't make any sense to me either....that's the problem. When I delete them from my phone, it doesn't delete them from my computer. I have to go into my email on the PC and delete them a second time. This isn't a problem most of the time, but if I go away on the motorcycle for several days...without my laptop, I end up with a hundred emails to delete when I get home. It is sort of syncing...when I read them on the phone, it shows them as read on the computer...it just won't delete them. I'm guessing it's a simple fix, but I've not yet been able to figure it out.

Moose381

Reaction score
brucefulton....thanks for the direction, but it didn't work. I still syncs by telling me that the email has been read, but will not delete it from my PC.

Any one else have other suggestions?:mad:

brucefulton

Reaction score