[HOW TO] Sipdroid- Free VOIP using Google Voice ---- Credit to DXF Member Snow02

Snow02

Reaction score
Sipdroid devs just announced no new auto-signups until May 2011 while pbxes adds capacity. The only way to get the google trunk is to have a paid pbxes account until then.

Yue

Reaction score
Alright, so how do I get VOIP on my xoom then? There has to be another way. If I've GOT to pay, how much will it be, what'll I need to do to set it up?

BarryHalls

Reaction score
Sipdroid devs just announced no new auto-signups until May 2011 while pbxes adds capacity. The only way to get the google trunk is to have a paid pbxes account until then.

LAME... I just deleted my account so that I would not have to manually enter the info on a fresh install of a new rom... now i have no gtalk support and cannot get until may unless I pay is that correct?

Snow02

Reaction score
You realize it takes less time to enter that information than to delete and re-set up the account...smh.

That is correct. You are sol until may unless you want to pay.

BarryHalls

Reaction score
so if I pay 5 for a soho acct I then get access to the gtalk trunk setup page... awell 5$ a month isnt much I may just do that... LESSON LEARNED LOL

mikeubell

Reaction score
Outgoing does not work

I installed sipdorid 3.1 and had it create the free PBXes account to link to my google voice account. All that worked. If I call my google voice number, sipdroid rings and I can answer the call. If I try to make an outgoing call on sipdroid it says it is "dialing" and "connecting" and then hangs up. The phone at the other end does not ring. If I try to make originate a call on the google voice web page and direct it to google chat, it does not ring sipdroid.

Any suggestions?

AveryW

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Omnia M S7530
I have used this on my Incredible, and it works great over WiFi. I had it set to only be active when WiFi is available, so it isn't trying to connect over 3G where I had mixed results. More frequently I use Smartgroschen. They have a small top-up starts from 0.89 Euro, so just enough to use from time to time.

AveryW

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Omnia M S7530
Hi, I have sipdorid 3.1 installed on PC, but I use it mainly to talk for free. Otherwise I use the Smartgroschen. They have a small top-up starts from 0.89 Euro, so just enough to use from time to time.