How to reassign my Droid 1 to my wife?

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a T-bolt sometime soon or the Bionic if it comes out soon enough. The question is, how can I then give my D1 to my wife? It is currently rooted and running CM7 with a deprimed kernel and I don't want to lose all of that. Will a factory reset lose root and the ROM if I need to do the reset to put her phone number and google account on this phone? And what are the steps to take to make this phone hers with her number on it? She currently has a stock D1 that is having some issues and my phone is working great. Thanks for the help! dancedroid

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Once you activate your new phone your old one will become "inactive" then your wife will just need to activate it by bringing it to VZW (I think they charge) or calling the activation number from the phone...I am not sure what the number is though (star something) - pretty sure someone else will be able to provide that info for ya ;)

cobjones

Reaction score
You can transfer the number to her without resetting, but you will have to do a factory reset to get her google account as the primary account on the phone.

Just do it for your wife... you love her don't you?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
Factory reset will not do anything but wipe user data. Same rom, root left intact.

You need to sign in to your verizon account online and choose activate device for her line, then put the meid in the blank. Then dial *228 to activate. It's very simple and only takes a minute.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Or once you activate your phone, all you need to do is reformat her phone ( will keep the same rom, same root, but it doesn't matter, Verizon doesn't care unless you're returning your phone or exchanging it for damage).

Once your new phone is activated, and old phone is reformatted, either boot up old phone and it will simply walk you through activating it on your wife's phone number. Or you can dial *228 on your old phone (don't even have to reformat it but would be nicer for her to have a fresh clean phone), choose option 1, and it will walk you through the same steps to activate it on your wife's number. It's a piece of cake... just did for my old og droid for my son!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums