How to prevent volume rocker turning from vibrate to sound?

dfman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
I always set my Samsung S4 to vibrate mode.

When I accidentally press the volume rocker + (Up volume) button, phone will change from vibrate mode to sound mode.

How to prevent that?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I don't think there is a way to do what you are asking. But another option would to be use one of the many settings toggles apps out there. You can create an icon that will switch it right to vibrate. Try Switchpro Widgets, Power Controls or Slider Widgets from the app store.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The s4 has a sound, vibrate, silent toggle right in the notification shade.

This is something that will happen on any phone though. Best advice is to be mindful of how you're holding the device & try not to press the button on accident. If you do, it's a quick press of the volume down button to turn it back to vibrate.

Sent from my Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Slide your finger down from the status bar at the top & there are quick toggles. There are 2 rows, so you can swipe to the left for more. You can access still more if you press the icon in the top right.

You can select which ones you want in the main settings of the phone under "Notifications" or something similar.

Sent from my Note 4

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Slide your finger down from the status bar at the top & there are quick toggles. There are 2 rows, so you can swipe to the left for more. You can access still more if you press the icon in the top right.

You can select which ones you want in the main settings of the phone under "Notifications" or something similar.

Sent from my Note 4

You can rearrange them by sliding down the notification shade with two fingers and then selecting the pen icon at the top.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Is it still that way on the Note 4? I have it on the 3.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Is it still that way on the Note 4? I have it on the 3.
Sure is. I always go right into settings when I first get a phone, so I just went in there on the rare occasion I needed to rearrange/swap them. That's handy though.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
D

dfman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4

Sent from my Note 4

I do not understand what you mean. there is a sound icon that you can press to change to vibrate/mute/sound. I I have set to vibrate, and I accidentally hit the volume rocker +, it will still turn from vibrate to sound.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
That is not avoidable. The volume rocker is working as it is intended to.