how to place a shortcut to call log on home screen?

Cowbell_Guy

Reaction score
Hi all, sorry if this has been asked before, although I couldn't find anything in search. I was wondering how I could quickly place a shortcut (or perhaps widget?) to call log on the home screen. Yes, I realize it would save only 1 click from just hitting "phone", but given all the calls I make it would really be worth it for me. Thanks for any help you could offer!

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
he wants the call log... i dont know man? just checked.

dro

Reaction score
I have found two ways to do this so far. The first method is to purchase bettercut from the market, it allows you to make links to whatever with custom icons. With bettercut: add shortcut > bettercut > actions > phone (choose the one that says DialactsFavoritesEntryActivity under it). This will link you directly to the favorites/most called tab. If you want to link to the call log, download home++ and in the options you can set the mini phone link (on the lower task bar) to open either the dialer or call log.

I am all about saving clicks. You may also want to check out "not call log" and "mylock" to eliminate more clicks from your daily routine. Not call log takes you to the home screen upon ending a call as opposed to the call log. Mylock bypasses the lock screen. I can not live without these apps.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

rjax

Reaction score
A third way (and maybe the best way) is to download Dialer One from the market -- go into the settings and you can set it open straight to call log with the dial pad hidden.

The reason I think it's best is that allows you to do things like group calls together so you don't see 15 entries from the same person. Then you can use the menu button, or swipe left/right to see favorites/contacts in alphabetical order.

I think it makes a great default dialer -- it also lets you assign speed dial to a long press of 2-9 on its dialpad, and will also search your contacts T9-style.

durado

Reaction score
download "Exact Call" from the market place ... it's free ... it is not "the call log" but it is a call log that looks like the droids and has links to the phone and favorites ... works well ... :icon_ banana:

warrior21

Reaction score
A third way (and maybe the best way) is to download Dialer One from the market -- go into the settings and you can set it open straight to call log with the dial pad hidden.

The reason I think it's best is that allows you to do things like group calls together so you don't see 15 entries from the same person. Then you can use the menu button, or swipe left/right to see favorites/contacts in alphabetical order.

I think it makes a great default dialer -- it also lets you assign speed dial to a long press of 2-9 on its dialpad, and will also search your contacts T9-style.
+1 for dialer one. I downloaded this last week and love it

deputc26

Reaction score
Another way to do it on any phone is with an app called xshortcut as will an app called manual intent shortcut.