How to move apps to SD card?

bbohannon

Reaction score
It appears that I pretty much have all of my apps saved on my internal storage and the majority of my sd card is available. I have a rooted froyo and even tried following the set of commands with terminal emulator to be able to actually move apps to my SD card under manage applications, but the button still does not light up on any of my apps. Am I missing something?

samiusmc

Reaction score
It appears that I pretty much have all of my apps saved on my internal storage and the majority of my sd card is available. I have a rooted froyo and even tried following the set of commands with terminal emulator to be able to actually move apps to my SD card under manage applications, but the button still does not light up on any of my apps. Am I missing something?

First, not all apps have the ability to be stored on the SD card. Try Google Earth. I have that on my SD card. If that doesn't work, then you probably didn't type the commands into the Terminal Emulator in the proper fashion. The commands are case sensitive so make sure you type them exactly as you see them. Finally, I don't know which commands you used but if you can't get it to work, try the info in this link: How to manually partition your SD card for Android Apps2SD – Android and Me

erikfig

Reaction score
Dude just do a backup with Backup pro or Titaniun. What is the issue to have the apps on the SD. From the SD they will run with delays.

OP
B

bbohannon

Reaction score
Dude just do a backup with Backup pro or Titaniun. What is the issue to have the apps on the SD. From the SD they will run with delays.

Wrong.

Does anyone know the solution to moving apps over? Do the apps have to be re-programmed by the developers to be able to support the move to SD card function of froyo?

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I moved a couple with titanium backup that other programs wouldn't let me move, but it gives you a warning...