how to Manually Sync a contact to your facebook

BoostHungry

Reaction score
I was searching the forums for this answer and couldn't find it here but found it somewhere else so I will post it here as well.

Since the Droid does not have that godly "Link" feature that newer phones have it's a bit trickier to get all of your contacts to sync with their corresponding facebook account. I knew right away I was not going to go in and edit every name so it's similar to facebook and then pray they sync'd correctly so here is what you do:

1. Go into the facebook app.
2. Make sure your looking at the home page. Click the Menu.
3. Click Settings
4. Go down to Sync Contacts
5. Select Sync All. Don't worry it won't stay like this.
6. Then go to your contacts and find the people who didn't sync up correctly and select them.
7. While looking at the contact hit menu.
8. Hit Edit Contact.
9. Hit menu again.
10. Hit Join
11. Then either sync to the facebook page suggested at the top or hit Show all contacts to show all contacts and all of your facebook friends.
12. Do this for everyone you want to.
13. Go back to facebook and change the settings back to Sync only with contacts.
14. Enjoy =]

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was searching the forums for this answer and couldn't find it here but found it somewhere else so I will post it here as well.

Since the Droid does not have that godly "Link" feature that newer phones have it's a bit trickier to get all of your contacts to sync with their corresponding facebook account. I knew right away I was not going to go in and edit every name so it's similar to facebook and then pray they sync'd correctly so here is what you do:

1. Go into the facebook app.
2. Make sure your looking at the home page. Click the Menu.
3. Click Settings
4. Go down to Sync Contacts
5. Select Sync All. Don't worry it won't stay like this.
6. Then go to your contacts and find the people who didn't sync up correctly and select them.
7. While looking at the contact hit menu.
8. Hit Edit Contact.
9. Hit menu again.
10. Hit Join
11. Then either sync to the facebook page suggested at the top of hit Show all contacts to show all contacts and all of your facebook friends.
12. Do this for everyone you want to.
13. Go back to facebook and change the settings back to Sync only with contacts.
14. Enjoy =]

I've been able to remedy this problem by opening contacts, touching the blank contact picture, touching the fb icon (if not available, their information isn't there to sync), waiting until their page populates, then clicking back. Profile picture just shows up!

OP
B

BoostHungry

Reaction score
I've been able to remedy this problem by opening contacts, touching the blank contact picture, touching the fb icon (if not available, their information isn't there to sync), waiting until their page populates, then clicking back. Profile picture just shows up!

That's a different issue. Some times the picture doesn't show up on a contact that is already linked to a facebook account. What I posted is how to easily link a contact to a facebook account where the name of your contact and name on the facebook friend are not similar enough to automatically sync.