How to make speaker work on videos, etc

v188

Reaction score
I can make the phone loud speaker work for telephone calls, but I'd like to watch video's and actually hear the sound without headphones. What do I have to do to get the speaker loud for videos, like i can make it for phone calls?

24 hours with new phone, and learning rapidly.

thanks

jkayner

Reaction score
I've found that if you put your had behind the droid, or lean it aginst a surface, the sond will bouch back and meke it 'appear' louder. I think they made the top and bottom edges stick out a bit to make room for the speaker to do this.

superglen99

Reaction score
are you kidding? the video should be playing through the speaker on the back which is actually too loud when fully turned up. if yours is playing through the earpiece try power cycling the phone. videos are supposed to play through the rear speaker and trust me, it's plenty loud.

zegolf

Reaction score
are you kidding? the video should be playing through the speaker on the back which is actually too loud when fully turned up. if yours is playing through the earpiece try power cycling the phone. videos are supposed to play through the rear speaker and trust me, it's plenty loud.

Agreed. There appears to be issues with third party "sound related" apps messing with the sound in other functionality. I had something that set my sounds based on the light in the room (pretty dumb, in hindsight) and when I woke up the next morning, nothing would play loud.

A quick power cycle should take care of it.