How to make google maps default to compass mode?

xxturbowesxx

Reaction score
I would like google maps to open in compass mode(3d follow).. Is there a way to change the default overhead settings. When I change manually it resets itself every time it open/closes?

The object is to get maps to act like navigation mode without using so much battery(maps use less right?).

OP
X

xxturbowesxx

Reaction score
If I open Car home and choose maps from there it opens navigation mode but I cannot find the process it uses to use in my 3rd party app.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The object is to get maps to act like navigation mode without using so much battery(maps use less right?).
No. What's eating your battery is the GPS receiver. Both nav and maps use GPS if enabled/on.

Is there a way to change the default overhead settings.
No way that I know of. You need to hit that button to get the 3D view. Probably no point to this though if your reason for doing so is the question above.

OP
X

xxturbowesxx

Reaction score
No. What's eating your battery is the GPS receiver. Both nav and maps use GPS if enabled/on.

Is there a way to change the default overhead settings.
No way that I know of. You need to hit that button to get the 3D view. Probably no point to this though if your reason for doing so is the question above.

I was looking for the process that opens navigation straight into map mode. If you open car home and click the maps shortcut it takes you there(nav mode instead of maps) but the shortcut doesn't exist anywhere else.

I would like to find the process so I can make tasker auto open it when docked.

Last edited: