How to keep flash stops running after screen is turned off

ukbballrulez33

Reaction score
I have a radio station that I listen to through the browser using it's own flash-based application. Problem is when I go to shut off the screen to conserve battery, the sound shuts off too. Anyone have a solution for this? Is it a setting I need to fix in my flash player? Thanks for the help.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
unfortunately i believe that's a browser setting. Since it is flash it means the page is continuously loading, when you go to a regular webpage and turn the screen off while it's loading it will have to reload again to work.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
After you hit the off button, hit it again and the lock screen comes up and the radio station will play. Then your phone should turn the screen off after the interval you have set it to and the radio still plays. That is how mine works.

mysteryDave

Reaction score
Keep radio playing.

That kind of works for me but alot of the time I don't want to close my phone like do something else, like check my email or browse forums while listening to the sreaming radio.
I lose the radio as soin as I switch to a second window or another application.

sarreq

Reaction score
see if they're listed in Tune-In Radio, otherwise, you're only other option is to nag the station to make an android app.
what station is it?

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I have found that many radio stations not available on Tune In Radio are available on ihartradio app. In either you can hit the home button and then do other things with your phone while listening to your station.