How to invite your pals to Google+ right now (CNET)

FearxJustin

Reaction score
A lot of people want to get in on the beta test of Google+ , Google's new social networking service. If you're one of the folks in the in-crowd, there's something you can do to get your friends on board right now.

And it's not as obvious as clicking an "invite friends" button to invite them directly. Google opened up that possibility last night, but it shut it down after a fleeting moment because of what Google's Vic Gundotra called "insande demand."
Instead, you have to use a built-in e-mail option for Google+ that happens to have a viral marketing component.

Here are the steps.

First, figure out who you'll send invitations to. If they're already in your Gmail address book or another Google service, you're a step ahead. If not, there's some cutting and pasting in your future.

For friends whose e-mails are already in your Gmail address book or otherwise discoverable in Google+'s Circles section, add them to a special circle you created for G+ invitees. If they're not in your contacts, just hold onto their addresses for now.

Next, start a new Google+ message, the equivalent of a Facebook update message or a Twitter tweet. In it, type an invitation message with an expectations-lowering caution. Here's what I've been saying: "This message serves as an invite to Google+. Google throttles the signup rate, though, so it may not work at first. If not, try again later."

G%2B_invitations_610x190.PNG

A look at the way to invite people to Google+ without a direct invitation option.
(Credit: screenshot by Stephen Shankland/CNET)

Next, address the message. Clear out any existing circles, then add your Google+ invitee circle. If you have individual e-mail addresses, now's the time for pasting: click on the "+Add more people" words below the message box and paste in the addresses. You'll have to click on each one to register it as you go.

Last, click the "share" button. That's it!

SOURCE:How to invite your pals to Google+ right now | How To - CNET

ALL CREDIT GOES TO Stephen Shankland FOR THIS INFO*******

& As a side note, for those of you who have already got into Google+, Please try to get me in this way. [email protected]

comk4ver

Reaction score
I just heard from android police that they've shut down invites idk when they'll be able to restart sending invites again

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
F

FearxJustin

Reaction score
I just heard from android police that they've shut down invites idk when they'll be able to restart sending invites again

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
This was posted about an hour ago from CNET describing how to invite people regardless if invites are off or not. It claims it works so anyone who has got into Google+ please try this with me and others.

[email protected]

Gunslinger

Reaction score
I tried this method like 15 times today, with 5 different friends. No worky. They get the email, but the click-through tells them they're not accepting new users. Repeatedly. All day. :sadwalk:

dancedroid

xXPrOwLeRXx

Reaction score
Seeking extra friend invite

Im sure if you get the invite they will work eventually, either way I would like to have one private message and I will give my email.dancedroid

Last edited: