How To Install Android O Developer Preview

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
5-800x354.jpg

Google released the developer preview of the latest version of Android yesterday. This build is meant to be used solely by developers so they can begin preparing their apps and games for the final build of Android O which will be rolled out to devices later in the year. Normally a Developer Preview is not ready for primetime and includes lots of broken things and bugs. This is great for secondary and backup devices if you want to just see what Android O is all about, however I would not suggest installing this on a device you actually rely on for day to day use.

If you still want to install Android O the method for installation isn't all that difficult. You will need to have your bootloader unlocked and need to be familiar with adb commands. You can find downloads and lengthy instructions at the link below.

via AndroidAuthority

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
Android O? I'll consider myself lucky if my phone even gets Android N at this point.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Knew I forgot something last night. I'll get this installed on my 5X today or tomorrow.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm running it, it's actually been pretty smooth. I was starting to notice some response delay when taking the screen, but this preview seems pretty responsive.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Glad to hear! After the issues I had with the initial N preview on my 6p (my daily driver at the time), I've decided to wait until the open beta. I actually haven't even enrolled the Pixel XL in the current beta for N updates yet.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oops, I mean I'm running Nougat beta 2. Carry on people, nothing to see here.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk