How to increase font size on email - Motorola Droid?

swhist

Reaction score
I am not able to pinch or tap to get a larger size font on my phone for email. However, I know people that are able to pinch on their Motorola Droid.

Is anyone else having this problem?dancedroid

Last edited:

dbscothorn

Reaction score
I am not able to pinch or tap to get a larger size font on my phone. However, I know people that are able to pinch on their Motorola Droid.

Are you writing about the size of the font in the actual email? You can go into Gmail>"Menu Key">More>Settings>Message text size. This will change the size of the text in the actual email from "tiny" to "huge". Hope this helps.

OP
S

swhist

Reaction score
Email

Thanks! I will try that.dancedroid

izzysmom

Reaction score
I am not able to pinch or tap to get a larger size font on my phone. However, I know people that are able to pinch on their Motorola Droid.

Are you writing about the size of the font in the actual email? You can go into Gmail>"Menu Key">More>Settings>Message text size. This will change the size of the text in the actual email from "tiny" to "huge". Hope this helps.

Ok...I'm lost....increasing my gmail font is EXACTLY what I'm searching for...but when I tap my Gmail icon - then menu key - I dont get a "more" option...I do get a settings option...but when I tap settings I get the following otions:
Signture; Confirm Delete' Batch Operations; Clear Search History; Labels; Email Notifications; Select Ringtone and Vibrate....
Nothing about MESSAGE or TEXT SIZE....

I've got an LG Ally - but I'm assuming that GMail program should be the same regardless of the phone since its a google app....I'm sure I'm missing some obvious step...but dont know what it is...help a sister out...

dbscothorn

Reaction score

Ok...I'm lost....increasing my gmail font is EXACTLY what I'm searching for...but when I tap my Gmail icon - then menu key - I dont get a "more" option...I do get a settings option...but when I tap settings I get the following otions:
Signture; Confirm Delete' Batch Operations; Clear Search History; Labels; Email Notifications; Select Ringtone and Vibrate....
Nothing about MESSAGE or TEXT SIZE....

I've got an LG Ally - but I'm assuming that GMail program should be the same regardless of the phone since its a google app....I'm sure I'm missing some obvious step...but dont know what it is...help a sister out...

I am currently on Froyo 2.2 on a Motorola Droid. This may be accounting for the different choices under Gmail "settings". It is there on my phone, it doesn't sound like it is a choice for you. Sorry.

izzysmom

Reaction score
I am currently on Froyo 2.2 on a Motorola Droid. This may be accounting for the different choices under Gmail "settings". It is there on my phone, it doesn't sound like it is a choice for you. Sorry.

Ok - I'll buy that (for now) unless someone has more info to chime in on the subject. I got my Ally a few days ago, so I am still monkeying with it -- and reading like a mad woman.

I know that Froyo 2.2 is on the near horizon....can you tell me more about what it will entail to update from the 2.1 I am running to the 2.2 when it becomes the new "standard" for the Android system. (As in is this a simple upgrade type thing like when you upgrade your ipod's software thru itunes...or is it a major type thing where it will completely wipe your phone and start fresh)