How to get the Axiom Crossbreed ROM on my GNex?

Riley

Reaction score
Im seriously so pumped. I've never seen a ROM like it. Hows the 3g/4g data connection and battery life with the Franco kernel?

No 3g/4g issues and I get a solid day of good use before I put it in a charger.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

thesoldier

Reaction score
Here are the directions on that site:

INSTALLATION

ROM ON SD CARD
WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
WIPE CACHE

WIPE DALVIK
FORMAT SYSTEM
FLASH IT
REBOOT

What exactly are we supposed to do for "FORMAT SYSTEM"? And I am assuming that I should be rooted before I wipe through Recovery, am I correct?

There's no need to format system yourself, before the .zip installs it will automatically format /system. Unless you are one if those "wipe 3 times, and then again to be sure" type of people.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
N

nvitone23

Reaction score
There's no need to format system yourself, before the .zip installs it will automatically format /system. Unless you are one if those "wipe 3 times, and then again to be sure" type of people.

So if I wipe once I'm good? haha. Just don't wanna end up bricking it even though its not very likely. And which Crossbreed ROM do you suggest? The standard one or the SHO one?

mach330

Reaction score
anybody with a mirror? I can't seem to download.

also by backwards compatible, what does that really mean (if I flashed the one with radio and bootloader)? I can just wipe like before or do I have to flash the old radio ?

OP
N

nvitone23

Reaction score
installed su.zip, went to reboot and its stuck on a black screen! what do I do??

LostRacer

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get this? I've followed all of the links an they go back to the same place. Page cannot be found on every download...

OP
N

nvitone23

Reaction score
Nevermind...I got that to work but I wiped everything and since I did so, my ROM was no longer stored on the SD card so I rebooted figuring I would put it on and retry but now I'm stuck on the google logo as it boots up

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Someone please help :icon_eek:

The wugfresh you used to root will also unbrick you..

Also with th3ory roms you must format system since his install script doesn't do it automatically.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And its hard for me to keep up with droidth3ory on my site lol.. as he updates At least once daily sometimes more
:)

OP
N

nvitone23

Reaction score
I can get into recovery. Is there anyway I can get the ROM onto my phone? It wont mount as storage for whatever reason, maybe because something was deleted.

OP
N

nvitone23

Reaction score
Got it! Back to stock! Trying again on Saturday.

Isak73

Reaction score
Don't put the rom on your sd until you are rooted when you do a factory wrote through wug it will wipe everything from the sd like you were going 100% back stock. Flash the rom after you are successfully rooted and feel comfortable with flashing and you will be good!

Sent from my GummyNex

OP
N

nvitone23

Reaction score
Don't put the rom on your sd until you are rooted when you do a factory wrote through wug it will wipe everything from the sd like you were going 100% back stock. Flash the rom after you are successfully rooted and feel comfortable with flashing and you will be good!

Sent from my GummyNex

Ok, thats what I figured. Thanks for the motivation lol. I'll need it after I was pulling my hair out yesterday haha.