How to easily and temporarily vibrate/silence phone for say doctor appointment?

DianeDennis

Reaction score
Hi!

On my Droid 2 Global I was able to easily put it on silent mode from the home screen, and then follow the same steps to "unsilence" it.

On my Droid DNA (HTC) I can't figure out how to do that. I can get Power Off and Airplane Mode and Restart. But I can't figure out how to silence it before it should happen to ring, and then easily "unsilence" it when done.

Thank you for any help anyone can give! :)

Diane

doniago

Reaction score
There are toggle widgets you can install as a quick one-button solution. If Widgetsoid is compatible with your device then it can even add toggles to your notification drop-down.

mamawm

Reaction score
you can always open settigs>sound>sound profile>silent.. but i usually just cut the screen on and press the volumn down button until the phone goes into silent/vibrate mode.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure it'd be the same on the DNA but on my Rezound I tap either volume button, tap the icon all the way to the left of the volume bar that shows up, it goes to silent. Tap it again it goes to vibrate. To restore regular volume I tap either volume button again, tap around where I want the volume to be in the bar, usual about 3/4 across.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notetoo

Thedroidskynet

Reaction score
If you hold down the "volume down" button on the volume rocker for a second or two it will zoom down to zero without beeping for each notch. That's what I do. And likewise "volume up" does the reverse.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Droid Forums