how to disconnect from car dock?

pcolevr

Reaction score
How to disconnect from car dock? About a week ago I noticed that the CAR HOME icon had appeared in the left side of my notification bar and in the drop down it says "connected to.car dock" . I have been trying and trying to figure out how to get rid of this especially because I dont even own a car dock so I don't know how this happened. I have a stock Motor Droid.

I appreciate your help in pointing me in the right direction!

PFayce

Reaction score
Honestly you may want to call up Verizon and Motorola. My girlfriend and I both bought droids and hers would randomly go into the "docked" mode (with the bed side clock and all) Come to find out it was just a messed up software issue and they replaced her phone with in 48 hours.

MrC1122

Reaction score
i use to get the same thing (minus the bedside clock) before the 2.1 ota update (not saying that this was the solution). i just ignored it because the phones useability and functionality didn't seem to be affected, although returning it to verizon isn't a bad idea if this issue persists, the phone should still be under warranty. good luck!

Last edited:

MrC1122

Reaction score
Be warned tho. Calling verizon may end in you getting a refurbished replacement phone, not a new one. And trust me, you don't want to go that route.

It took me about 6 phones before I got an acceptable replacement from Verizon.

simple solution to this aqua, go to a corporate store (not authorized dealer) rant and rave...you WILL get a new phone! (providing your phone is still under warranty) has worked flawlessly for me over the past 10 years ;-)

Silver Member
Reaction score
if you're "randomly" getting into either dock mode, you're exposing your phone to a magnetic source.

AquaDan88

Reaction score
Be warned tho. Calling verizon may end in you getting a refurbished replacement phone, not a new one. And trust me, you don't want to go that route.

simple solution to this aqua, go to a corporate store (not authorized dealer) rant and rave...you WILL get a new phone! (providing your phone is still under warranty) has worked flawlessly for me over the past 10 years ;-)

Tried it, twice. They won't do it. At least not at the stores I went to. I threatened to terminate my contract and go to AT&T (which I figured would have really pissed them off), however, they wouldn't do it for me.

They did, however, offer to bring out all the refurbished phones they had and let me visually inspect each one for defects before picking one.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How to disconnect from car dock? About a week ago I noticed that the CAR HOME icon had appeared in the left side of my notification bar and in the drop down it says "connected to.car dock" . I have been trying and trying to figure out how to get rid of this especially because I dont even own a car dock so I don't know how this happened. I have a stock Motor Droid.

I appreciate your help in pointing me in the right direction!
do you have a case with a magnet in it?

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

1. how do you know if its a corporate store? is it the ones that are a verizon store and not like a best buy?

2. i went through a similar headache when i had a Voyager, i went through 3 broken referbs before complaining to the right person and got an enV touch brand new. sometimes you need to get the right person, i went to the store twice called the rest of the time.