How to disable phone dim before it goes to sleep?

dfman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
After using my S4 phone, when I leave the phone alone, it will stay at normal brightness for a while then it will dim (lower brightness) for about 5 seconds then the whole screen will turn black (sleep).

I want to disable the dim. How can I do it? I want it from normal brightness to turn black (sleep).

Thanks

(It is irritating during the dim because I can only press the screen to make phone to return to normal brightness and I tend to press wrong stuff as screen is dimmed, or no empty area to press. Anything pressed on screen will still take effect but I actually do not want to press anything. When it is black I can use power key to turn on again to normal brightness without pressing screen.)

OP
D

dfman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
nobody knows?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Aside from raising the screen off time, which doesn't disable it. There's no way to get rid of the dimming feature.

You can press the back, home or menu button to un-dim it.

OP
D

dfman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
You can press the back, home or menu button to un-dim it.

When pressing these to undim, it changes the screen to another page. I just want to stay at the same page reading text/map.

I guess I just have to live with. Thanks

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
There's also the smart stay feature. Screen won't shut off as long as you are looking at it. I forgot about that as I never used it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It's also a good idea to turn the screen off yourself when you're not using the phone. Saves a little extra battery power.

Sent from my Note 4