How To Disable 3G

gist901

Reaction score
Just like the title says, I would like to know if there is a way to disable 3G. I have read that it can drain the battery faster than wifi.

Any kind of help would be much appreciated.

Thanx

Gist

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
If ur using wifi anytime ur receiving a wifi connection 3g is not bein used. And u can go to ur settings and change to 1x mode or evdo if u want too.

lg ally <rooted velocity 0.4>
samsung fascinate <rooted>

sahilahuja

Reaction score
Apn droid is a free application available in the market which will solve your problem.

Sent from my E10i using DroidForums App

en28so

Reaction score
I use an app called quick settings to enable and disable my 3g. 3g can kill my battery in 6hrs.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

lemodular

Reaction score
turn on airplane mode and turn on wifi, but that will kill your cell service too.

mz3dx2

Reaction score
You can easily do this without any apps, but it won't be as pretty. I forgot where I found out how to basically get into the X's service menu, but once in this "service" or "diagnostic" menu you can basically turn off the 3G while maintaining 1X or voice calls. I did this about 5 hours ago since the 3G in the area I live is weak and fluctuates from 3G to 1X.

Here's how:

1. Go into the Phone app
2. Using the keypad, dial as follows: *#*#INFO#*#*
3. This will take you to the phone's system diagnostic menu. Scroll down to the part where it says "Set Preferred network type:"
4. Choose CDMA only to DISABLE 3G
5. Or Choose CDMA auto (PRL) to ENABLE 3G/1X (original default setting)
6. Hit the back button all the way until the home screen, this should save the previous settings

You can also hit the back button one time to see other detailed stats for the phone such as batt info, history, usage statistics, and wifi info.

Hope this helps :)