[HOW TO] custom theming for squidly or liberty?

JustJack1235

Reaction score
thats just a framework i pulled from a D1 theme and put on my phone cuz i liked the icons ITS alot of copy and pasting.....Ive done almost worn out my ctrl-c and ctrl-v keys...

OP
T

thefigaman2

Reaction score
SICKKKK!!! ima have fun wit this! oh and btw.. any mac users can do the same thing on WinZip.. however you have to click on the individual files within the folder to view them :D

JustJack1235

Reaction score
When u download themes.....open them up with 7 zip and go to the system folder then to the framework folder and then copy the framework-res.apk folder to ur desktop and that should work.

trook

Reaction score
Hey guys sorry to barge in, but I just made a thirdeye/ mysterious beast theme by accident and I was only trying to copy the keyboard and a few other things but everything changed except for the keyboard....any ideas on where I went wrong? I copied all of the buttons and icons needed i thought, also the battery, 3g, and notification pulldown icons, everything else worked, my battery, notification, and 3g icons are thirdeye.....but my keyboard is still mysterious beast.

JustJack1235

Reaction score
You only themed the button press thingys.... basically not the keyboard.

Or you can theme the swype.apk

So LatinIME.apk and Swype.apk.....those are your keyboards

JustJack1235

Reaction score
BE CAREFUL THEMEING THE LATINIME.apk..... if u theme it wrong it will cause a ton of f/c's.....just fyi~ as always do a back up first :)

trook

Reaction score
Trust me, I'm obsessed with backing things up. Just to clarifiy I do the same the thing I did in the framework res only this time go into the drawable hdpi folder in latin ime?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

ultrastigi

Reaction score
Just writtin here so I can find it when I get home. I've been looking into how to do themes for myself. So I wanna give this a shot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JustJack1235

Reaction score
I stink at photoshop..... anyone think they can theme the jog_dial_bg to black vs the grey?

Attachments

• jog_dial_bg.zip
    17.5 KB · Views: 81

trook

Reaction score
Ill have my wife try, she's amazing at photoshop, thanks again for giving us a starting point, I understand a lot more than I did a few hours ago.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

JustJack1235

Reaction score
Someone FINALLY posted their framework for 928s theme and i got it! Thank you tho!

Here it is for anyone else that may want it. Its just the items not an update

Attachments

• BlackRotary.zip
    154.5 KB · Views: 93